Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevinisGQ View Post
    USA was robbed, should of been 3 - 1 USA
    Agreed that was some horrible officiating those refs should be punished. Despite everything they dried to do to give it to Mexico, USA still stood strong and got the tie. I think there is now a silght sense of fear on Mexico's part where before USA would always be intimidated to play them. Since like 2000 USA has been the better team in thsi rivalry. Even now with all of the calls going Mexico's way they still could only manage a tie. I am telling you guys watch out for USA they have improved greatly since WC98. I wouldn't be surprised if in like 10 years you see USA making it to the final four of a world cup. The way they are investing money in their football and youth programs like AYSO, it is bound to happen sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman View Post
      great pics man, thanks for sharing
      that mustve been fun as hell to hav been there
      thanks, i was really into the game otherwise i would of taken many more, the entire "Sams Army" was behind me, so i got lucky cheerin for the USA.. otherwise the news headline "American-Iranian bashed by 5000 Mexicans in Houston @ the Reliant Stadium" The usa had terrible odds in fans, i would have to say 85% of the Fans were rooting for the Mexico, then there was 15% for the usa and alot of them were Dynamo fans, so the mexican atmosphere totally dominated

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
        Agreed that was some horrible officiating those refs should be punished. Despite everything they dried to do to give it to Mexico, USA still stood strong and got the tie. I think there is now a silght sense of fear on Mexico's part where before USA would always be intimidated to play them. Since like 2000 USA has been the better team in thsi rivalry. Even now with all of the calls going Mexico's way they still could only manage a tie. I am telling you guys watch out for USA they have improved greatly since WC98. I wouldn't be surprised if in like 10 years you see USA making it to the final four of a world cup. The way they are investing money in their football and youth programs like AYSO, it is bound to happen sooner than later.
        well, the usa was up 2 - 1 and then they didnt count the third goal because of altidore being offside, however i saw dempseys nice quick manoeuver and into the goal, i was dogging on ochoa so bad, it was awesome seeing the ball coming directing at me into the net.. i literally thought the USA was going to win by inifinite numbers of goals from then on

but sherwin, i very much agree with you, the USA has grown alot, and im pretty sure they fall into the better half of europe. i actually wouldn't be surprised in the next 10 years if they DO make it to the final

Comment

nice ass field

its hard to believe soccer games get sold out in USA

Comment

well, the usa was up 2 - 1 and then they didnt count the third goal because of altidore being offside, however i saw dempseys nice quick manoeuver and into the goal, i was dogging on ochoa so bad, it was awesome seeing the ball coming directing at me into the net.. i literally thought the USA was going to win by inifinite numbers of goals from then on
            but sherwin, i very much agree with you, the USA has grown alot, and im pretty sure they fall into the better half of europe. i actually wouldn't be surprised in the next 10 years if they DO make it to the final
            THEY NEED TO MODIFY OR GET RID OF THIS STUPID OFFSIDE RULE! If you don't want to get rid of it at least modify it like they have in Hockey. Once you pass the blue line in Hockey it's considered offsides. Do something like once you cross the penalty box it's offsides. This is a stupid rule and it actually punishes teams for going on the offensive. The problem is the English never like to change anything they have been a monarcy for like a million years now. We need to do something because this punishes teams who go on the offensive and rewards defensive minded teams.

By the way it woudn't surprise me if your prediciton comes true and we see USA in a WC final. Remember USA's best athletes don't play soccer. They play baseball, basketball and American football. They need to do something to attract this untapped resource. Once USA's best athletes learn that there is money to be made they will flock to soccer. Just look at all of the coverage the Champions League is getting on ESPN and ESPN2. Now these kids watching at home are thinking to themselves, "Hey perhaps I could play for Bayern Munich or Manchester United." It's going to happen now that soccer in US is getting mroe and more exposure every day.

MARG BAR OFFSIDES .

Comment

THEY NEED TO MODIFY OR GET RID OF THIS STUPID OFFSIDE RULE! If you don't want to get rid of it at least modify it like they have in Hockey. Once you pass the blue line in Hockey it's considered offsides. Do something like once you cross the penalty box it's offsides. This is a stupid rule and it actually punishes teams for going on the offensive. The problem is the English never like to change anything they have been a monarcy for like a million years now. We need to do something because this punishes teams who go on the offensive and rewards defensive minded teams.
              DOWN WITH OFFSIDES!
              ha bro then games would be like 10-20.
              and khatibi would play for manchester united.
              what are you tlking about? offside is a great rule.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                Great then we would have more attendance an no more 0-0 or 1-0 games. Notice I also suggested that you can modify the rule like they have in hockey. I don't think goals will drastically increase that much, and the only way Khatibi will be in Manchester United, is if he is selling popcorn to the fans.

Comment

thanks, i was really into the game otherwise i would of taken many more, the entire "Sams Army" was behind me, so i got lucky cheerin for the USA.. otherwise the news headline "American-Iranian bashed by 5000 Mexicans in Houston @ the Reliant Stadium" The usa had terrible odds in fans, i would have to say 85% of the Fans were rooting for the Mexico, then there was 15% for the usa and alot of them were Dynamo fans, so the mexican atmosphere totally dominated
                  that mustve been fun, that's cool man

wut field is that used for? dynamo only? i've never heard of it but it's tight as hell!!

Comment

reliant stadium?

isnt that where the houston texans play aswell?

and it has a roof too i think
                    SHOW TIME!

Comment

great game. why didnt hugo put in gio earlier? i was pissed about that. vela and him are going to tear the US up in the future. I'm a big mexico fan, and it was finally great to see them get a result in the US.

Comment

Great then we would have more attendance an no more 0-0 or 1-0 games. Notice I also suggested that you can modify the rule like they have in hockey. I don't think goals will drastically increase that much, and the only way Khatibi will be in Manchester United, is if he is selling popcorn to the fans.

Comment

That could be a good future for him. I see him making the starting rotation with hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman View Post
                            that mustve been fun, that's cool man
                            wut field is that used for? dynamo only? i've never heard of it but it's tight as hell!!
                            haha, its the USA's #1 Stadium. It's the Houston Texans field and is also the first 70,000+ stadium in the united states with a retractable roof (almost 6 years old), but the dynamo only use it for final matches or MLS ALL Star game, The Houston Dynamo play at my schools stadium, The ROBERTSON Stadium (U of H's Fooball Stadium).

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                              nice ass field
                              its hard to believe soccer games get sold out in USA
                              EK, its actually quite belivable, almost every year the Mexican national team is payed $50,000,000 US Dollars to play 10 International matches in the united states at sold out stadiums and they come to the reliant almost twice a year

Comment

haha Sherwin, if the offsides rule was altered, the italians would win every match 20 - 0

Comment

Working...
                                X