• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If You like college football, you will loooooove this story!!lol

----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

CLASSIC hey I give him some props for being creative that is one way to stirr up attention. Normal people would try to go the Junior College route and try to transfer to a D1 school, not make up a sham announcement to the HS that he is going to a major pac 10 school. Thank you that made my day and just FYI beat the Cougs tonight.

Comment

lol i bet he feels stupid.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman View Post
        lol i bet he feels stupid.....
        My favorite quote, "I talked to Jeff Tedford a lot."

Comment

saw this in the Post, couldnt stop laughing. but seriously this signing day is getting too big for its own good

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
          For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

Originally posted by mkbf2 View Post
            saw this in the Post, couldnt stop laughing. but seriously this signing day is getting too big for its own good
            Well what do you expect when this is like Christmas for college football coaches? This is the big day where a HS player gets recognized for his accomplishments at the HS level. A good recruiting class could just rebuild a schools program. Look back when USC sucked and same with Ohio State(well they were ok but they didn't suck under Cooper). What they did is hit the recruiting scene in their local area HARD. Today USC and Ohio State are powerhouses in their respective conferences and nationally.

College football recruiting is a huge business. On ESPNU they were talking about signing day the entire day. Everyone bulids up anticipation as to where these stars are going to go. Now with the internet almost anyone can get info on a kids HS stats. 15 years ago this did not exist and signing day was not a big deal. Now it is a media circus and it is only going to get bigger, but yes I agree it is getting way out of hand.

HS studnets would report that they would get barraged by coaches text messsaging potential prospects NON STOP to the point of HARASSMENT. They can get by the rule because there is nothing in the rulebook that says you can't text message a player. Changing phone numbers won't work either because coaches are not dumb they have sources. The NCAA needs to make a rule that you can't text message players, so we can close this loophole.

Business like rivals.com and scout.com make big $$$$$$ on just giving accurate inside info on recruiting. As the years go by I see more websited like rivals.com dedicated to college football recruiting. The top 10 recruiting schools is a big deal and if your school makes it, that is a lot of publicity on your school.

By the way the biggest shock of all is Alabama #1 and Notre Dame #2. I can understand Alabama because Nick Saban always was a good recruiter. Can someone explain to me what kind of a moron would pick ND? Seriously they haven't been in the NC picture since like 1993! I think they only one two freaking games all year, and they get the #2 overall ranking ahead of powerhouse schools like LSU and USC?

Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
              My favorite quote, "I talked to Jeff Tedford a lot."
              You could tell he was unfomfortable. He reached to the cal cap before finishing his sentence but I feel bad for the guy. He must have dreamt a moment like this forever.
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

It just occured to me. How bad did mike belotti feel after being second to a "nobody wants me" recruit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                  You could tell he was unfomfortable. He reached to the cal cap before finishing his sentence but I feel bad for the guy. He must have dreamt a moment like this forever.
                  I feel bad but I have a few friends who wend to Division two or three football. At least they are playing Arena football you still get an education, and you get paid decent money to play football. One friend told me the basic salary for player is like $40K a year. Of course there are some people who make over $1M playing Arena football so you can make a profession out of it.

I just feel bad for the kid because he probably worked hard for 4 years to get accepted toa D1 School.

Comment

it's just tough to be an athlete and give it EVERY FKNG THING U GOT, and still not be considered "gooz enough", can u imagine? that must be rough man...

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman View Post
                      it's just tough to be an athlete and give it EVERY FKNG THING U GOT, and still not be considered "gooz enough", can u imagine? that must be rough man...
                      they shouldnt let HS athletes have these kind of ceremonies. The first time I saw it was in 96 when Baron davis had UCLA and kansas caps in front of him and took the kansas hat and threw it behind him and chose ucla. I thought it was so cheesy

Comment

yeh man, they're takin it a little too far w/ stuff like that, did u ever watch that show on MTV about the Hoover High football team in Alabama? dude, it was tooooooo much attention on these guys, they're highschool athletes and the coach wanted them to stay focused so he got the team into a hotel for the night before the game, wtf? lol when i did highschool sports, we were happy to hav matching, no name brand jersies!

Comment

they shouldnt let HS athletes have these kind of ceremonies. The first time I saw it was in 96 when Baron davis had UCLA and kansas caps in front of him and took the kansas hat and threw it behind him and chose ucla. I thought it was so cheesy
                          I remember that. Do you remember when Kobe, out of HS, was in a TV press conference with a suit and sun glasses, announcing he is going to the NBA? I thought the sun glasses was a bit over the top personally.

Shahouman jaan nailed it right on the nose. You see generally these kids start playing a sport like football as a kid in Pop-Warner. Then they go through four years of HS football, banging their bodies every day, for a chance to be selected to a D1 or another college school. The sad truth is that LESS THAN 10% MAKE IT TO THE COLLEGE LEVEL. The other 90% end up going home usually pumping gas for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
                            I remember that. Do you remember when Kobe, out of HS, was in a TV press conference with a suit and sun glasses, announcing he is going to the NBA? I thought the sun glasses was a bit over the top personally.
                            Shahouman jaan nailed it right on the nose. You see generally these kids start playing a sport like football as a kid in Pop-Warner. Then they go through four years of HS football, banging their bodies every day, for a chance to be selected to a D1 or another college school. The sad truth is that LESS THAN 10% MAKE IT TO THE COLLEGE LEVEL. The other 90% end up going home usually pumping gas for a living.
                            I can undertand doing that when you are going pro, especially back then when HS players had to be phenoms to be able to make it but college!!??? thats too much

Comment

I can undertand doing that when you are going pro, especially back then when HS players had to be phenoms to be able to make it but college!!??? thats too much
                              The suit no but the sun glasses come on dude. He was not outside giving a press conference there is no need for sun glasses. Anyways that was a mega deal which worked out great for the Lakers.

Jerry West told Chick Heran, "There is this kid named Kobe Bryant I will trade anyone on this team to have him here." Chick Hearn RIP said, "What college does he go to?" West replied, "Lower Marrion HS." Chick, 'You got to be kidding me right?" See back then not too many people came out of HS it was a huge deal. Kobe and K.G were the pioneers of setting that trend. Now they force you to play one yeaer of college ball, which actually improved the colllege game and works well for athletes so I have no problems with it.

I personally think that college coaches take it too far. One kid said that his phone bill was over $300 in one month because of all the text messages he got during the DEAD PERIOD. The Dead period is a period where a coach can't contact a player, but he can get arround the loophole by text messaging, and if that kid answers it's ok in the books.

That rule needs to change. Personally if I were being recruted by the top schools, I would tell the coaches do not disturbe me until I graduate. If you break this rule I will cross your school off of the list. Sometimes kids that age get caught up in the glitz and glamour of visiting the campus.

Coaches even give out big time money to get these kids. Chris Webber was offered somewhere in the ball park of over $250,000 to play at Michigan. Of course late booster(sp) Ed Martin blew the whistle on Michigan, and they got nailed hard with sanctions. Their basketball program is still recovering because of it and it gave a rise to Michigan State basketball.Mojo can give you more details on that one.

What I am trying to say is college football is no different. I had a class with a kid who was being recruited by Virginia Tech. You can look up his name Jimmy Williams he plaed o line back in 2001-2003. He told me he was offered $20,000 and took the money because his family is from a poor socio economic level.

THAT IS HOW THEY GET THE KIDS they hit them hard with money. It sucks but that still goes down and will probably never change.

Comment

Working...
                              X