Superb free kick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
    that title belongs to Nima Nakisa in Iran-Yugoslavia game in WC98...just brutal!
    baba bandeh khoda aftab too cheshmesh bood, go watch it again. He couldnt see the ball
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
      baba bandeh khoda aftab too cheshmesh bood, go watch it again. He couldnt see the ball
      he actually hid behind the wall... rule #1: never lose sight of the ball..

I used to be a goalie in my school years and happen to know some basics.

Nakisa guided the wall to the left completely covering the left side, then he stood in the middle and jumped to the left right before the kick,.. from the opposite angle you could see that the Yugoslav kicker had the right side uncovered and wide open, so he gunned it straight in...

that was a horrible goal,.. it wouldn't have happened if we only had Abedzadeh's torso without limbs in the goal...

I was so mad after that game that I refused to watch it again for almost 7-8 years later...

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
      به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

all of juninio free kicks are like that
        I got no time for a signiture

Comment

he actually hid behind the wall... rule #1: never lose sight of the ball..

I used to be a goalie in my school years and happen to know some basics.

Nakisa guided the wall to the left completely covering the left side, then he stood in the middle and jumped to the left right before the kick,.. from the opposite angle you could see that the Yugoslav kicker had the right side uncovered and wide open, so he gunned it straight in...

that was a horrible goal,.. it wouldn't have happened if we only had Abedzadeh's torso without limbs in the goal...

I was so mad after that game that I refused to watch it again for almost 7-8 years later...
          Actually I ahve watched that game many times because I believe that is the best game I have seen from TM since I started watching them in 1984. Also the fact that he didnt palce himself well might have to do with the sun light too. It wasliterally a foot in front of the goal after that it was all shaded!
          ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
          Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
          Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
          forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
            Actually I ahve watched that game many times because I believe that is the best game I have seen from TM since I started watching them in 1984. Also the fact that he didnt palce himself well might have to do with the sun light too. It wasliterally a foot in front of the goal after that it was all shaded!
            that's right, team played an awesome game and Nakisa ruined it!... that's why it hurt so much more...

sunlight or no sunlight, he positioned himself wrong and offered a wide opening to the kicker and he took full advantage of it...

I swear right before the free kick I knew what the outcome was going to be..

Comment

that's right, team played an awesome game and Nakisa ruined it!... that's why it hurt so much more...

sunlight or no sunlight, he positioned himself wrong and offered a wide opening to the kicker and he took full advantage of it...

I swear right before the free kick I knew what the outcome was going to be..
              up to this day i always keep saying "what if.." but you gotta admit they had a lot of chances from free kicks and eventually they were gonna score from one (we kept giving them away). also remember that the guy who scored it is arguably the best free kick taker the world has seen.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                up to this day i always keep saying "what if.." but you gotta admit they had a lot of chances from free kicks and eventually they were gonna score from one (we kept giving them away). also remember that the guy who scored it is arguably the best free kick taker the world has seen.
                he didn't need to be the best free kicker to score that one...

Comment

that title belongs to Nima Nakisa in Iran-Yugoslavia game in WC98...just brutal!

i never get tired of watching that... i enjoy it so much and it seems like yesterday when i was watching that game.. i seriously will never forget WC98 we played beautiful football

Comment

Very nice free kick thank you for that and yes those jerseys are UGLY. It's shocking because USA usually has some nice jerseys. My favorite one is recently they have this nice navy blue nike away US jersey which looks sick. I think they used it when US played Argentina earlier this year in Copa America. When I saw those jerseys I wanted one.

Comment

Working...
                    X