the greek league: up and coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the greek league: up and coming

the greek league is enjoying tremendous success this year, with a handful of great players playing on the top sides and older players ending there career on smaller teams. the big three in greece are pulling through with some excellent signings, its great to see big players on the teams, even if for a retirement cheque (at least they are playing for smaller teams). I for one would love to see iranians in the league, they would be close to home and definately would have a chance to play in european competition.

Here are the list of notables currently in greece

AEK: Arruabarrena, Rivaldo, Kallon
    Aris: M. Amoroso, Koke, Javito
    Tripoli: Zairi (Morocco Intl.)
    Ergotelis: Clint Mathis
    Larissa: M. Zurawski, M. Tumer
    OFI: Issa
    Olympiacos: LuaLua, Kovacevic, Galletti, Belluschi, Bravo, Ledesma, Cesar, Zewlakow
    Panathinacos: Ivanschitz (austrian captain), Postiga, Manucho, Nillson, Seric
    Panionios: Djebbour (algeria)
    PAOK: Fernandes (Portugeuse GK U-21, has earned senior caps), Sergio Conceicao
    Veria: Seedorf (not a big name, but hes clarence seedorfs cousin lol)
    Xanthi: Radzinski (canadian soccer players)

also a bunch of others who play on lower tier international teams (albania, FYROM, some african countries, etc.) also rumoured that Steve Marlet is gonna come play for a small greek team (guys like him arent good enough for top-flight greek teams, but its great for the smaller teams)

I would love to see players like Zandi, Karimi, Kaebi, Rezaei play in the league

your thoughts?
    Go Cows!

the stereotype about greek club soccer is that its olympia*** and then everybody else. But those are some big names there, i never knew Conceicao played there. What type of soccer do they play? Which league would you compare it to?
    The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

In my wholehearted opinion, not taking television rights and overrall appeal into consideration, the greek league competes with the SPL, turkish super league, russian league and is trailing the eredivisie and was on par a few years ago with the portuguese league..

however in regards to UEFA's overrall ranking, we trail behind most of the 2nd tier leagues, but since greek teams are enjoying success in europe this year, im sure the league will rise in the rankings
      Go Cows!

Comment

I would love to see Karimi move to Greece instead of Qatar
        or Zandi instead of Cyprus

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi View Post
          I would love to see Karimi move to Greece instead of Qatar
          or Zandi instead of Cyprus
          oh no doubt! surely five times better than the qatari league
          Go Cows!

Comment

actually i think kaebi would have been better off there than English championship too

Comment

and im sure iranian players would love life in greece and if they so desire they are only a 3-4 hour plane ride away from home.
              Go Cows!

Comment

Forza Grecia beat those British B*******

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X