Qatar snare Brazilian striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qatar snare Brazilian striker

Al Sadd's Brazilian-born striker Marcio Emerson has announced he intends to represent Qatar after being recently given Qatari nationality.

The 29-year-old is returning to Doha for a second spell - he previously spent two seasons with Al Sadd - and is targeting silverware, including the AFC Champions League, and qualification for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Qatar are in qualifying Group A with Australia, Iraq and China.

Emerson told Al Sadd's official website: "My return this time is for different reasons as previously I was a foreign player while I'm here now to represent the Qatar national team.

"I know that the job will not be easy but I will try my best to help Qatar to qualify for the 2010 World Cup."

The former Urawa Reds striker added: "I also hope to help Al Sadd win the Champions League title.

"There is also the Qatar Crown Prince Cup and Emir Cup and I will try my best to win those titles with my teammates."

Emerson was set to join Al Sadd in January but his return to Qatar was postponed after surgery on his leg. But he maintains that he will soon be back to his best form.

"The operation was good and my physical condition is great," he said. "I will work to get back to my best condition and make a strong comeback."

this is sad
    'I couldn't doubt that I was meant to pursue a great destiny'
    ~
    Cyrus the Great
    King of Kings, King of the World

Comment

wow

Comment

haha wow, how many more 2nd rate players are they going to naturalize? Its getting riducoulous. There should be a rule on the number of players a country can naturalize. Good news is they won't make it out of their group for WCQ.

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
          haha wow, how many more 2nd rate players are they going to naturalize? Its getting riducoulous. There should be a rule on the number of players a country can naturalize. Good news is they won't make it out of their group for WCQ.
          That is what makes it more pathetic. These guys have no heart, no guts, and no national pride, which is why they just buy players from Brazil or Africa. Shame on Qatar they won't even make it out of the first round. Why don't you guys get some players from your own country you gutless losers?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post
              http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=55783

Comment

Marcio Emerson
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcio_Emerson_Passos

Comment

lol I wonder if that Qatar guy has the guts to post here after this disaster? Lets see what he has to say about this one and how he spins this? If he has any intelligence he would stay the hell away from this post because the guy is fighting a losing battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherwin View Post
                    Why don't you guys get some players from your own country you gutless losers?
                    agree

Comment

i supose the good thing about this is, most of them will be past their peak once they get Qatari citizenship.
                      ---------------l Rahmati l------------
                      ----------Hosseini----Aghili-----------
                      -Kaebi-------------------------Asadi-
                      -------------Nekounam--------------
                      -------------------------Mobali------
                      -------------Zandi------------------
                      --Shojaei----------------------------
                      ------------------------Madanchi----
                      --------------Khalili--------------

Comment

it's just getting worse and worse.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Meh!
                          sigpic

Comment

this guy is a rejected trialist of rennes fc.. only a month ago... LOL

Comment

very nice

Comment

Working...
                              X