Egypt crowned African champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egypt crowned African champions

Well done to Egypt, well deserved, they won 4-2 on penalties against Ivory Coast
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Good job, they deserved it.

Comment

Gongrats to them! I saw the match and they deserved it.

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
      CITY

Comment

We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Thank you guys! It feels great to have a 5th African crown . I think winning it with a local coach adds a bit of flavor as well.

We've had to deal with some tough times.. Group of Death the last 2 World Cup qualifying phases, and another Group of Death for this Nations Cup. Thank God. The team, the fans, the players (save for Mido) all really deserve this.

3oqbal Iran in the Asian Cup, and hopefully a great World Cup insha Allah

Comment

lol yes... Morocco and Ivory Coast in your group is easy. Say that on an African forum and see the responses you'll get. Everybody knows that Groups A and D were most difficult. And the fact that 2 group A teams played in the final proves the quality of the group. But if that's your opinion, so be it.

As for your complaint of the referees.. I find it comical that you only mention the bad calls that favored Egypt. The penalty in extra time was 100% bull, and I was happy we missed it! Didn't want to win the tournament like that. But we won the match 100% fair and square, and don't forget we should have won the match in normal time when the referee cancled a 100% clean goal for us!

The team spirit was absolutely outstanding. Apparently you didn't follow the tournament closely enough or you would have read and heard about the bickering in the camps of many of the teams you thought "deserved" to win

Best example of team spirit was the coach and the team's response to how that punk Mido acted.

Nigeria? Team spirit good? LOOL that's hillarious. Go to www.cybereagles.com and read about their team "spirit". The players were ready to start a revolution over the lineup the coaches chose for their semifinal against Ivory Coast.

And Ivory Coast's team spirit wasn't as flawless as you seem to think. Why don't you mention how Drogba stormed out of his team's training after the second group match and left to go back to the hotel?

That's fine that you're disappointed Ivory Coast didn't win the cup. Had they won, they too would have been worthy champions even though their winning goal in the semifinal against Nigeria was offside

And it's also ok if you think Egypt don't deserve the title, that's your opinion, but at least provide some valid justification for your feelings .

Comment

Comment

congrats to egypt.

However, i think FIFA has a new rule where the hosts must make it to at least the finals. Which is a shame. I hope this doesn't ruin the upcoming world cup.
                The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

lol first of all we never played Guinea :P. You said we had an easy way to the final. If you say our group wasn't easy, and you say Senegal wasn't easy, then what's left? Just one "easy" match against DR Congo? They were a deserved quarterfinalist by almost estimates. We worked hard, and we beat them 4-1. If you want to talk about the Senegal penalty, which certainly should have been called, why don't you mention the penalty Egypt clearly should have been awarded in the first half of that match? Or how in the world Mendy didn't get a red card for deliberately punching the ball away with his hand before Barakat was about to score?

Egypt's goal today was valid. You still didn't explain to me how it wasn't. You said the keeper was at fault.. so? How does that invalidate the goal? It shouldn't have been disallowed. It's obvious the goal was clean.

Did you see the team embrace the coach one-by-one after Amr Zaky scored after the Mido incident? That's team chemistry if I ever saw it.

We played some of the best football in the tournament, with a possession, attacking flair that was fun to watch. Consistantly scoring the most goals in World Cup qualifying and other African competitions is no fluke.

Egypt and the Ivory Coast were the two best teams and we deserved the cup . I'm sorry you don't feel the same.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Comment

Drogba missed three sitters

thats why they lost - Drogba is obviously overpayed
                      Mido is a total idiot for callin his manager a donkey hahahahah
                      he deserves to get banned.

Ivory Coast SHOULD have won!

Comment

Iran wins Asian cup INSHALLAH

And Iran will play with Eqypt in the Confederations Cup

Comment

i think CIV was the better team today, wasted better chances and could have easily scored 1 or 2 goals

as for Egypt they won the ACN final through penalties. i expected them to be able to win it in 90 minutes

anyways congratulations to Egypt. only reason im happy for them is because they have a great coach who deserves to be known for what he can do

aywa ya rigala.. finally from KFC champs to ACN champs

Comment

nice... undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by milad
                              nice... undefeated.
                              Thanks Milad . Plus the most goals scored and the fewest goals conceded. A satisfying achievement. Looking forward to the Confederations Cup. I believe the next one is in the Summer of 2007.

Comment

Working...
                              X