South America,Africa won't host 2018 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South America,Africa won't host 2018 World Cup

MADRID, Spain (AP) - South America and Africa have no chance of hosting the 2018 World Cup.

"Of all five continents available to present, South America and Africa will not be allowed to," FIFA president Sepp Blatter said Sunday. "If we hadn't taken the decision to have a rotation policy in the first place, Africa would never had had the chance to host the World Cup, neither would South America."

FIFA's executive committee scrapped the rotation policy in October after it led to South Africa being picked to host the 2010 event and Brazil for 2014.

Blatter also said the joint bid of Netherlands-Belgium was the first to officially present it's 2018 candidacy to FIFA.

The 2018 host will be selected at an executive committee meeting in 2011.

Blatter, who was in the Spanish capital to pay tribute to Real Madrid great Alfredo Di Stefano, also said it wasn't likely that a soccer ball with a computer chip would be in use by then either.

"(The chip) is complicated and expensive ... is it really worth changing things for what turns out to be one case per year?" Blatter said. "The game will lose its fun and no longer be a talking point among fans."

Refereeing should be improved and Blatter said that a two-referee system would soon be tested to keep the sport from relying on the goal-line technology.
    Africa will host 2010, and South America is too dangerous, so its not surprising really atleast we know now
    so 2014 is in brazil?? i thought it was gonna be in aussie

South Africa is plenty dangerous. I dont think the Middle East will host a WC in a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time.

Comment

Originally posted by Obteene View Post
      South Africa is plenty dangerous. I dont think the Middle East will host a WC in a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time.
      dont be so certain, i could see a joint bid with UAE, bahrain and qatar or somethin like that

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
      For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

yeah i agree with mkbf2

while i dont think UAE/Qatar/Bahrain has the proper facilities or sporting history to host the Olympics, they could be GREAT World Cup hosts.

the only thing that would be a problem would be the weather, but perhaps they would hold them in may or september when the weather is a bit more bearable?

UAE for example is PERFECT for the World Cup. easy to get to, easy to get around, soccer stadiums that could be built without problems, etc

unlike the olympics which requires everything from swimming facilities to 100,000 track stadiums, the WC could be held in a Persian Gulf country.

Comment

or 2 middle eastern countries can share the world cup like korea/japan
          I got no time for a signiture

Comment

Originally posted by Amir_Temur
            Iran-Iraq
            haha 32 teams enter, 1 survives, literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Obteene View Post
              haha 32 teams enter, 1 survives, literally.
              lol

Imagine the pre game ceremonies

"Now bring out the lambs!"

Comment

Originally posted by mkbf2 View Post
                dont be so certain, i could see a joint bid with UAE, bahrain and qatar or somethin like that
                Or Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and Phillipines lol

Comment

Originally posted by PFS View Post
                  or 2 middle eastern countries can share the world cup like korea/japan
                  Korea and Japan aren't middle east

Comment

^he was using how those 2 countries hosted together as an example

IRAN should be hosting it alone with Rah-Ahan's pitch being the stadium for the finals

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
                      ^he was using how those 2 countries hosted together as an example

IRAN should be hosting it alone with Rah-Ahan's pitch being the stadium for the finals
                      lol but we first need to host the asian cup before the wc. . . if we renovated them, these could possibly be good for the asian cup
                      Azadi (100,000)
                      Sepahan naghshe jahan (75,000)
                      Tabriz yadegar emam (70,000)
                      Samen (35,000) renovated to be more hopefully. . .

then we also need training pitches and hotels and transportation to be fixed up, but then we have the islamic restrictions. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Amir_Temur
                        Iran-Iraq
                        Funny you should say that because Jordan-Iraq were supposedly planning a bid for the 2014 World Cup back in '04.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...10/06/iraq.ap/
                        http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004.../iraq.football
                        http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...0/ai_n12911425
                        Previously known as "IraqiFootball"

Comment

Working...
                        X