No announcement yet.

Transfer Rumours of the Premier League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amr Zaky can be a hothead sometimes. Like so many of our players he'll have to realize that certain conduct that may be accepted in Egypt simply won't in the big leagues or he'll be back at Zamalek in no time.

Wigan boss Bruce targets Egypt striker Zaki
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...532368&cc=5901

Comment

Mathieu Flamini has gone to AC Milan

Flamini: Gunners missed the boat
      AC Milan new-boy Mathieu Flamini claims he would still be an Arsenal player had they offered him a contract last summer.

The 24-year-old France midfielder says he asked the Gunners for a new long-term deal at the end of the 2006/07 season, but was told instead to prove his worth to the team.

He went on to be a major influence on Arsene Wenger's side, but agreed to join Milan on a four-year contract earlier this month.

"If Arsenal had offered me a contract last summer, I would still be their player now," Flamini told The Sun.

"Last July I told Arsenal I wanted to extend my contract so, of course, I would have signed if they had offered me a deal - but they didn't.

"They said they wanted me to prove myself first.

"It was difficult for me at the beginning. I had to see it as a challenge but I won't lie, it was not easy. You have to be mentally very strong to cope."

Flamini admits it was a big decision to leave Arsenal, but says he opted to join Milan because of the size and stature of the Italian club, despite Arsene Wenger's assertion that he left for more money.

"I've enormous respect for Arsene Wenger, but I did not leave for the money," he said.

"I'm leaving for Milan because it's one of the biggest clubs in the world - with millions of fans everywhere, an enormous history and one of the biggest trophy cabinets in the world."

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
        Mathieu Flamini has gone to AC Milan

Flamini: Gunners missed the boat
        That's really sad, I think. I hate how he's leaving. I read that thing how Cesc was trying to convince him to stay.

Comment

I guess Gunners are looking to replace Flamini already

Roma's Aquilani in talks with the Gunners

Comment

lots of in and outs going on at Arsenal right now

Stuttgart opens talks with Lehmann
            Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann is on the brink of signing for German side Stuttgart after meeting with club officials on Monday morning.

The 38-year-old discussed a move before flying to Mallorca with the Germany squad to begin their Euro 2008 preparations.

It is believed Lehmann wants to sort out his future before next month's European Championships in Austria and Switzerland.

Stuttgart require a new goalkeeper after Raphael Schafer, who was signed from Nurnberg last summer, failed to live up to expectations.

However, general manager Horst Heldt told Germany's Bild newspaper he will not be held to ransom to sign Lehmann.

"If he wants to earn as much as he did at Arsenal, then we have no chance," said Heldt.

Stuttgart, who finished sixth in the Bundesliga, are thought to be offering a one-year contract, with an option for a second year.

Comment

not premierleague but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it

Milan signs Zambrotta from Barcelona

MILAN, Italy (AP) - AC Milan has signed Italy defender Gianluca Zambrotta from FC Barcelona, the Serie A club said.

Milan did not release financial details, but Gazzetta dello Sport reported Sunday that the team paid €9 million (US$13.96 million) for Zambrotta and will pay another €2 million (US$3.1 million) if Milan finishes in the top three in Italy's Serie A next season.

Zambrotta, 31, played the last two seasons at Barcelona following a seven-year stint at Juventus. The defender is part of the Italy team that will play in the European Championship this month in Switzerland and Austria.

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
                not premierleague but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it

Milan signs Zambrotta from Barcelona
                wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
                X