Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancelotti will stay with Milan

well i guess this takes out any rumors that Mourinho will take over Milan

AC Milan have given Carlo Ancelotti a vote of confidence after the Rossoneri recorded an important win at Empoli.

The pressure had been rising on the coach following the exit from the Champions League last week but club vice-president Adriano Galliani maintained that the 48-year-old's job was safe even if the team was playing in the UEFA Cup next term.

He said: "He will be our coach next year and hopefully we will qualify for the Champions League but if we don't we will be in the UEFA and Carlo Ancelotti will be there 100 per cent."

The San Siro giants have had a packed fixture list from the turn of the year but finally ticked into gear on Sunday to run out 3-1 winners.

Ancelotti admitted that it had not been a vintage performance from his side but without Europe to occupy them, the former Parma and Juventus boss believes that a top-four finish is achievable.

He said: "The chance to train normally will be a big help to us. I haven't had to say this for a long time but it's an advantage not having to play Cup games."

ahh i was hoping the milan would get a new coach

Comment

not a good move for them, morinho would have been better for milan imo

Comment

Working...
      X