Mourinho favourite for Inter job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mourinho favourite for Inter job

Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been installed as the Italian media's favourite for the Inter Milan job, after Roberto Mancini's surprise announcement that he was leaving at the end of the season. Earlier this term, media reports said Inter owner Massimo Moratti had held informal talks with Mourinho but both the club and the Portuguese denied it.

Mourinho, who left Chelsea in September, did say he admired Moratti for his work at the Italian champions. "I respect him very much as a person that loves football and his club deeply," Mourinho told the Gazzetta dello Sport last week. "However, I have never talked with him."

Mancini announced his decision after Tuesday's UEFA Champions League last 16 defeat at the hands of Liverpool. The 43-year-old gave no reason, only adding that he had informed his players. Media reports said Mancini also indicated he would not manage in Italy again.

However, Inter midfielder Esteban Cambiasso has cast doubt on the announcement, despite Mancini sounding definite. "As far as I know, he said 'probably', so there's no need for reactions or comments in the heat of the moment," he told reporters.
    first he was rumoured to take over AC Milan, and now Inter, probably because Ancelotti's job was secured and Mancini announced that hes leaving

Mourinho's style of coaching would be interesting to see in the italian league

i really dont mind seeing that happening
    but i seriously doubt it will...
    sigpicPrepare For Glory!

Comment

Mancini just said he'd stay on for next year

Comment

if moratti was smart he would change Mancini for Mourinho if he wants Inter to get somewhere in the CL in the years to come!

Comment

^^ exactly, Mancini has never done sh1t with Inter in the CL

Comment

don't rule him out of taking the Barcelona job either because Rikaard is doubtful for next year, and he already has heavy links with Barca.
            VISCA EL BARCA

Comment

Working...
            X