Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basketball fans: which stat line would you rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
    dadash i think you misunderstood what i said, and i dont think you should jump to conclusions about my basketball knowledge, as im 100% sure i know more about the game than you do so i dont need a lecture about the game. im not gona get into what i know cause theres no point.

in terms of players being able to score that much, i was referring to allstar players in the NBA. surely, every one of them (guards) that r given the number of touches kobe gets COULD have the possibility of scoring that much here and there. all im saying is that kobe takes a lot of shots, which translates to his points (trust me, ive played with many scorers throughout my ball career, and seen it).

im not saying its easy to score 50+, all im saying is that when your comparing 2 perennial all stars in kobe and AI, AI has the potential to score 50 points as well.

BTW AI is technically a combo guard, not a true point guard
    Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
    and many people that defend kobes low assist rate say as you have been saying that its not his job to get assists. His job is to score. The two stats associated with point guards are assists and turnovers (hence the importance of the assist to turnover statistic). Kobe is excused from assists because he isnt the point guard, so how do you excuse him from being 5th in the NBA in turnovers?
    when you are the best, people swarm you and when you get double and trippled team the chances of gettin TOs is a lot higher.

As for the assists, I am saying its not Kobe's job to get assist but he passes the ball a LOT, he hasnt had any finishers. As David aldridge once put it: how many times does he have to pass to the open man only to hear a Clang at the end?? At some point you get tired of passin when it doesnt result n baskets and you start goin for it yourself.

When Kobe ahd finishers like rick fox, robert horry, shaq brian shaw and glen rice, he led the team in assists, Its fact go check it. He wasnt even the PG and he was leading the team in assists. Kwame brown by himself has cost Kobe over the years at least 300 assists and a playoff series win with those small hands
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
      forget the lakers, they ahve F'ed up royally as a franchise over the last 3 years wasting the best years of Kobe Bryant's career by givin him smush parker and Kwame brown!! its the kobe bashing I am gettin tired of!!
      that's not true bro. everyone likes to point the finger and act as if the front office screwed up. they made all the best moves possible and slowly rebuilt the franchise.

is drafting jordan farmar, andrew bynum, and ronny turiaf "screwing up?" How about getting pau gasol for absolutely nothing?

The lakers basically traded shaq for lamar odom and pau gasol. Not a bad trade in my opinion.

NBA teams go through 20 years of failure, and the lakers had 3 mediocre seasons. Going to the playoffs 2/3 seasons and paying phil jackson for much of that period does not constitute "wasting kobe's career".

The lakers management are the best and always will be the best.

Allen Iverson- Whole career wasted by Philadelphia
      Ray Allen- whole career wasted by bucks/seattle
      Kevin Garnett- whole career wasted by timberwolves
      Tmac- his franchise has never gone anywhere

The list goes on and on. The Lakers front office is the best in league history, and continues to prove it. Period.

Comment

2nd option.. you get a double double

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          that's not true bro. everyone likes to point the finger and act as if the front office screwed up. they made all the best moves possible and slowly rebuilt the franchise.
          is drafting jordan farmar, andrew bynum, and ronny turiaf "screwing up?" How about getting pau gasol for absolutely nothing?
          The lakers basically traded shaq for lamar odom and pau gasol. Not a bad trade in my opinion.
          NBA teams go through 20 years of failure, and the lakers had 3 mediocre seasons. Going to the playoffs 2/3 seasons and paying phil jackson for much of that period does not constitute "wasting kobe's career".
          The lakers management are the best and always will be the best.
          Allen Iverson- Whole career wasted by Philadelphia
          Ray Allen- whole career wasted by bucks/seattle
          Kevin Garnett- whole career wasted by timberwolves
          Tmac- his franchise has never gone anywhere
          The list goes on and on. The Lakers front office is the best in league history, and continues to prove it. Period.
          1) They got Pau gasol now, I was talking about the previous 3 season, the best of Kobe's career

2) The shaq trade was horible, they should have gotton a star in return, lamar odom is not a star he is a great role player, He cost the lakers many many games

3) a)they werent suppose to have mediocare seasons!! Buss promised kobe a contender, why do you think Kobe stayed with the lakers??? The clippers had a better supporting cast and much lower expectations

b) When you have the best player in the game you dont get into rebuliding mode, you pursue chapionships. The lakers had no business making the playoffs the 2 prvious seasons only because of Kobe's historic #s they made it. KG missed all 3 seasons, look at Dwade team this year!! That seperates Kobe from the pretenders

4) I wish Kobe had opened his mouth 2 years earlier, the whole gasol thing was out of desperation. Before this year they didnt feel this sense of urgency.

The lakers did a great job drafting but you can always get good players through free agency which the lakers messed up royally and the only reason nobody notices that is because the palyers they got misse so many games nobody even knew they were laker players!!!

2005: Vlade divac, 2006 and 2007: aaron mcckie were the laker midlevel exception signings and theypretty much missed the entire season due to injury. The lakers just wasted their 5 million midlevel
          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

I saw 3 stats that caught my eyes tonight so bball fans which one you rather have?

4-20 FG, 7 rb, 8 asst and 14 points

or

4-17 FG, 4 rb, 5 asst and 13 points

or

8-10 FG, 17 rb, 3 asst and 17 points??

Comment

I saw 3 stats that caught my eyes tonight so bball fans which one you rather have?
              4-20 FG, 7 rb, 8 asst and 14 points
              or
              4-17 FG, 4 rb, 5 asst and 13 points
              or
              8-10 FG, 17 rb, 3 asst and 17 points??
              the last one is not even comparable with the rest. obviously everyone will want the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                the last one is not even comparable with the rest. obviously everyone will want the last one.
                The first one is for AI. The second one is for LbJ and the last one is for Andris Biedrins. So obviously Andris is the best player among the 3!!!

Comment

The first one is for AI. The second one is for LbJ and the last one is for Andris Biedrins. So obviously Andris is the best player among the 3!!!
                  who said a similar thing? i never saw anyone in this thread say such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                    who said a similar thing? i never saw anyone in this thread say such a thing.
                    not in this thread but in a previous one and this one here is also "implied" judging by what I saw in the previous one.

Comment

not in this thread but in a previous one and this one here is also "implied" judging by what I saw in the previous one.
                      you didnt see where i said i would probably take the 53 points? Are you slow? What else do I have to do to prove to you that this thread is not knocking kobe?

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                        you didnt see where i said i would probably take the 53 points? Are you slow? What else do I have to do to prove to you that this thread is not knocking kobe?
                        yeah I am slow

Comment

Working...
                        X