Sad News: Croatian player dies after hitting wall adjacent to pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad News: Croatian player dies after hitting wall adjacent to pitch

ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) - A Croatian soccer player died Thursday from head injuries after colliding with a wall adjacent to the pitch in a first-division match last weekend.

Hrvoje Custic, 25, had been induced into an artificial coma since being injured in the fourth minute of Zadar's 1-0 win over Cibalia on Saturday. He was declared dead by Dr. Edi Krauc.

Custic was fighting for the ball with Cibalia's Tomislav Juric near the sideline when he slid from the field and hit his head on a wall. Juric has not been charged for any offense.

Croatian media has widely reported that Zadar's stadium is unsafe to stage matches.
    may he Rest In Peace

r.i.p

Comment

o shit

RIP

Comment

Video of accident

Comment

its good to see people, whether on his team or not, rushing to his aid.

Comment

^^^dude niki looks so retarded in that pic...lol

Comment

i came to this thread with the intention of saying this is one vid i dont want to see...then i see the vid and i couldnt help myself

SOOO sad, this could happen to anybody, R.I.P. and best wishes to his friends and family. Truly a tragedy.

Comment

you can hardly see what happened in that video, it didn't look like he his head to the wall hard but anyway may he rest in peace. Sad very Sad

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

poor guy.
                  IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

r.i.p

Comment

Damn. That sucks hardcore.. may he rest in peace.

Comment

r.i.p

Comment

Working...
                        X