2008 Beijing Olympic Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Beijing Olympic Basketball

This should be a tournament not soon forgotten, congratulations for the Asian champs direct qualification to the tournament, it will be a pleasure to see how you guys perform..but if you can, tell me a little about the team, your tactics, strong points, weak points, etc..i know one of your players passed away and i give my condolences..

who do you guys think will make it to the top of the tourny, will the USA continue their drought at the international level or will there be a suprise package this year..

direct qualifiers: Angola (solid underdog), Argentina, Australia, China, Iran, Lithuania, Russia, Spain and USA

and the tourny in athens for the remaining three:

Group A: Brasil, Greece, Lebanon
    Group B: Cape Verde, Germany, New Zealand
    Group C: Canada, Korea, Slovenia
    Group D: Cameroon, Croatia, Puerto Rico

I predict: Greece, Croatia and Slovenia to make it through the round

I hope Iran can upset a nation or two, just like when lebanon beat france in 2006.
    Go Cows!

We are going to take down Team USA. lol

Comment

Seed 1: USA, Argentina
      Seed 2: Spain, Lithuania
      Seed 3: Australia, China
      Seed 4: Angola, Russia
      Seed 5: Iran, Qualifying 1
      Seed 6: Qualifying 2, Qualifying 3

those are the seedings for the groups..its pretty messed up since there could be a group of USA, Spain, Australia, Russia, Slovenia (if the qualify) and Greece (if the qualify)!!!
      Go Cows!

Comment

wow iran is with some heavy competition. it is a success just making it to the olympics and being one of the 12 teams.

Comment

imagine iran gets stuck with US, spain, China, Russia and Croatia/Brazil, greece or slovenia

Comment

I think Slovenia is gonna be a dark horse this time around.. Beno Udrih and Rasho Nesterovic (Sacramento & Toronto) are on fire as of late, plus they have fairly good players in Sasha Vujacic (Lakers) and Nachbar (Nets I think), heck even Prezbec will get some minutes..they also have solid players in the EuroLeague and ULEB Cup..they were almost semi-final bound in EuroBasket 2007 but Greece came back from a 12 point deficit in the last 2 minutes in a thriller of a finish!!

I hope for an early elimination from Spain, id rather play the US than them...

I think the US starting five will look like this..

G-Paul, SG-Bryant, SF-James, PF-Anthony, C-Stoudemire (they usually play him C on the NT), and their back up...G-Kidd, SG-Wade, SF-Prince, PF-??, C-Howard

and then there is Redd, Deron Williams, Billups, Chandler like shit eh lol
            Go Cows!

Comment

I just relized Turkey didn't make it!! What the hell? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                I think Slovenia is gonna be a dark horse this time around.. Beno Udrih and Rasho Nesterovic (Sacramento & Toronto) are on fire as of late, plus they have fairly good players in Sasha Vujacic (Lakers) and Nachbar (Nets I think), heck even Prezbec will get some minutes..they also have solid players in the EuroLeague and ULEB Cup..they were almost semi-final bound in EuroBasket 2007 but Greece came back from a 12 point deficit in the last 2 minutes in a thriller of a finish!!
                G-Paul, SG-Bryant, SF-James, PF-Anthony, C-Stoudemire (they usually play him C on the NT), and their back up...G-Kidd, SG-Wade, SF-Prince, PF-??, C-Howard
                put CB4 (chris bosh) on the backup PF. i have a feeling if any injuries happen, they would start him as they seem pretty small with the potential lineup you have. u also forgot about timmy duncan

Comment

I'm just happy Iran made it. If they play respectable games and don't lose too badly I will be satisfied. Anything more will be a bonus.

Comment

wow 5 quality games

this is what our basketball needs..even if we lose all of them, its still good experience

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                      is there no Iverson??

Comment

The USA has pretty much every superstar in the league registered to the 40 man full roster and then the coaches select 12 players...the think is, many of the US players have made a 3 year obligation (since 2006) to represent the NT, so not many drastic changes are being made...the team is basically built around Dwayne Wade, Lebron James and Carmelo Anthony..and often time youll find players on the NT you might think dont belong..Mike Miller, J.J Redick (i honestly think they need a white feel which is why they include these players)..well have to see if Iverson will be there but i think it will be Paul as a starter
                        Go Cows!

Comment

Working...
                        X