• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran Dethrones S. Korea, Women Win Gold In Taekwondo

A little attention to women's sport, and they're already gaining medals:

Iran crowned Asian taekwondo champion
    Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:49:23

The Iranian men's taekwondo team has been crowned as the Asian champion after picking up 60 points at the 18th Asian Championships.

Iran bagged one silver and four gold medals in the tournament held in Henan, China (April 26 -28) dethroning the undisputed taekwondo champion, South Korea.

Ali-Reza Nasr-Azadani, Mohammad Mo'tamed and Koroush Rajoli and Farzad Abdollahi received gold medals and Reza Naderian won a silver medal for Iran.

China finished as the runner-up with 34 points and South Korea came in third with 32 points.

Iran's Fatemeh Ne'mati won a gold medal and Soheila Sayyahi received a bronze for the women's team.

http://www.presstv.com/detail.aspx?i...tionid=3510211
    - We shall show them our signs in the horizons, and within themselves, until it becomes clear to them; that it is the truth. Holy Quran.
    - Good Thought; Good Speech; Good Deed. Zoroastrianism.
    - For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Bible.
    - O' you with double vision; if you see one as two; unlike you; I see two as one. Molana Rumi.

Awesome, really well done. This is the sport of the Koreans and to beat them is amazing considering they have dominated for who knows how many years.
    Now I hope they can do the same in the Olympics.

Comment

Won and won convincingly... dameshoon garm.

Comment

yay yayee

we have great atheletes in iran....look at how much we accomplish even though our federations are not ran professionally and they dont spend that much money on sports.

Comment

nice 1
          'I couldn't doubt that I was meant to pursue a great destiny'
          ~
          Cyrus the Great
          King of Kings, King of the World

Comment

I am not just gonna thank you for this one. I am actually gonna "rep" you!
            ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
            Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
            Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
            forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

I'm not gonna just thank you for this one. I'm gonna love you.

Comment

Lol, thanks Soniq, bruin ... as Nokhodi said, S. Korea had dominated it for long time, I believe 36 years!
                - We shall show them our signs in the horizons, and within themselves, until it becomes clear to them; that it is the truth. Holy Quran.
                - Good Thought; Good Speech; Good Deed. Zoroastrianism.
                - For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Bible.
                - O' you with double vision; if you see one as two; unlike you; I see two as one. Molana Rumi.

Comment

... deleted post...

Comment

so sweeeet!!!
                    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

And the women's team came fourth in the championship.

"In the women's category, Iranian taekwondo athletes finished in fourth place for the first time. Fatemeh Nemati claimed the first ever gold medal and Soheila Sayyahi took the bronze.

Chinese Women Team clinched the championship with three gold medals, one silver and two bronze. South Korea and Chinese Taipei came in second and third places, respectively. "

Comment

Working...
                      X