Hector Cuper sacked at Parma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hector Cuper sacked at Parma

I can't believe this. Very unusual. Hector Cuper gets sacked as coach of Parma before their last game of the season. Parma need to beat Inter Milan, and Roma need to beat Catania for Parma to avoid relegation (and for Roma to win the title)...

Why would you sack your coach right before the last game of the season? And not just any game...a game that decides both YOUR fate as a relegation candidate, AND the Serie A champions! Do they honestly believe the youth team coach can do a better job in ONE game?

I hope they still beat Inter and Roma pips them to the title, even though I hate both of them...Inter Milan has not yet gained my respect as a title contender...

MILAN, May 12 (Reuters) - Relegation-threatened Parma sacked coach Hector Cuper on Monday ahead of next weekend's final game of the season at home to his former club Inter Milan.

The Serie A side said in a statement on their website that youth team coach Andrea Manzo was to take charge of Sunday's big match, where Inter can retain the title with a win and send third-from-bottom Parma down.

Argentine Cuper, who led Valencia to two Champions League finals in 2000 and 2001, only took over in March but Sunday's 3-1 defeat at Fiorentina was the latest in a string of poor displays.

Their 18 years in the top flight will come to an end on Sunday unless they can beat a stuttering Inter and Roma, fighting Roberto Mancini's men for the title, win at Catania.

Cuper was Inter boss six years ago when they blew the chance of winning the scudetto on the final day. Mancini's side are threatening to do the same this season and Inter fans will be glad that Cuper will not be there to remind them of 2002.

Parma won the UEFA Cup in 1995 and 1999 but were hit by financial problems a few years ago and narrowly escaped relegation last season under Claudio Ranieri, now at Juventus.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...cernet&cc=5901

I want Inter to win the league because they have been cheated over the years by Milan and Juve!

This is their revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
      I want Inter to win the league because they have been cheated over the years by Milan and Juve!
      This is their revenge.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X