Grant sacked as Chelsea manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazio View Post
    Yeh Chelsea got to the final under his watch but I wouldn't give him much credit for it. I don't care what people say, I've seen him in training and he's not that influencial, and we all know he looked like a corpse during matches anyway. We got to where we were because of the great players. And please stop with the 'better team' crap, it was an even game and ManU won it in penalties. No arguments about the 'better manager'.
    You're blaming Liverpool's loss on the own goal? If they had it in them they would've killed the game in Stamford Bridge, it's a game of two legs. Liverpool got lucky twice the last two years and this year Chelsea were simply the better team. Get over it.
    if that was the case then if chelsea had it in them they shouldnt have even let the game go to penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
      if that was the case then if chelsea had it in them they shouldnt have even let the game go to penalties.
      What are you talking about? Read my post again, you're confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazio View Post
        What are you talking about? Read my post again, you're confused.
        read your post again, then read my post again, then post something meaningful.

chelsea was NOT the better team against liverpool. united was lucky against chelsea the same way chelsea was lucky against liverpool.

Comment

Mourinho calls Grant a LOSER

I still love this guy

Jose Mourinho brands Avram Grant a 'loser' as Chelsea start search for new manager

By Rod Gilmour
          Last Updated: 11:55am BST 25/05/2008

Despite reaching the parts Jose Mourinho couldn't reach, Chelsea's former manager has marked the club's season as a failure while branding Avram Grant as a "loser" for his lack of silverware.

Grant was sacked as Chelsea manager yesterday, three days after taking the side to the Champions League final against Manchester United.

Before his sacking, Grant said that twice finishing as runners-up to Manchester United and losing to Tottenham in the Carling Cup equalled a good season in the Israeli's eyes.

However, when asked if the season had been as depicted by Grant, Mourinho said: "That depends on your philosophy of leadership.

"In my philosophy it was a very bad one because in football 'almost' means defeat and Chelsea almost won the Carling Cup, almost won the Champions League and almost won the Premier League. Almost is nothing.

"After two titles per season for the last three years there were zero titles this season, which in my philosophy means a really bad season. Maybe in the philosophy of a loser this was a great season, which I respect."

Mourinho was speaking before his successor was sacked, but although he was critical of the Israeli's short stint in charge, he admitted to being "very sad" at Chelsea's defeat in the Champions League final.

Read the rest of the article at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...fnloser125.xml
          I AM A BLUE FAN IN AND OUT!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X