X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 WC bids: USA to challenge England

The Independent
    sigpic

it wont be in the US. why the hell put it in a country that prefers american football over real football. btw they just had the wc 1994.

Btw turkey will always try to get it to turkey .

so long its in europe its perfect.

Comment

Among ALL European countries (or in this case UEFA members) England deserves holding the World Cup the most having only hosted it (and won it) back in 1966. I mean English football stadia as well as stewarding for security and facilities offered are unmatched. Best football stadiums in the world are in England hands down.

USA however, has got some massive stadiums, as well as boasting of having the highest average attendances for any World Cup held back in 1994 and that was the pre-MLS era for crying out loud.

At least nowadays, thanks to MLS and encouraging results by the US national team, there is a fairly growing number of Americans following football (as it should be called).

So England faces a threat from USA as well as Australia and its venues and facilities having held just about any and every world sporting event on offer.

Should be interesting.
      sigpic

Comment

The AFC is also interested in hosting 2018. Two choices would be China and Australia. FIFA looks at the money that will be generated. Considering that South Africa will not be the financial windfall that previous WCs have been and Brazil still up in the air, FIFA will look to maximize revenues will popularizing the game in a country. UEFA has one thing going for it an it is 12 years in between hosting. I think the main finalists are going to be USA, England, and China.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Belgium/Netherlands, Australia, China, England are the most important bidders I thought

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
          CITY

Comment

I hope the US gets it, FIFA would love to market the game here. It's the only country left that is untaped

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
            For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

i hope it goes to the country that can name the sport correctly atleast.

Comment

I really hope its in the States. It would make travel for me very easy.

Comment

it would make travel for me easy aswell...of course both england and the states have great venues so it will be interesting to see who gets it..and i hope china wont lol...10 years after the olympics they get another major tournament lol
                  Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                    it would make travel for me easy aswell...of course both england and the states have great venues so it will be interesting to see who gets it..and i hope china wont lol...10 years after the olympics they get another major tournament lol
                    Same with England after the 2012 London Olympics
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      I really hope its in the States. It would make travel for me very easy.
                      yeah same sentiments here..!! makes it alot cheaper as well..!!

Comment

If FIFA wants to make the most money off of a World Cup they should have a-rabia host it so all of the refs can be saudied.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Australia are looking great to host 2018 also.

Today an agreement was signed between Italy and Australia relating to assisting each other other in youth development, coaching and other things.

They have agreed to a friendly sometime in the next 12 months.

Most importantly however, Italy has pledged to 100% support Australia and back them to Fifa for hosting the 2018 World Cup.

Very good news

Comment

I would love it for to be in the USA again, i would savor at the opportunity

i was too young back in 94

Comment

Why would you want to have a WC where it will be raining ever single day. Most depressing and horrible world cup. Place it in the USA. Americans allways jump at the WC fever.

Comment

Working...
                              X