Hail The Champion's Of Europe 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hail The Champion's Of Europe 2008

My Money has literally gone on Portugal..
    When i mean Literally i have betted $200 on Portugal becoming Champion's in this years Edition of Euro

I cant see anything going wrong for Scolari's team, Let me rephrase that, They wont let anything go Wrong

Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani, Simao, Moutinho and Ricardo Quaresma are the only name's i need to mention to prove to you this will be the most attacking and fluent team in the competition

Scolari has built a team in such a way that thoose 5 are all in the starting lineup

Now, That really does scare a team, Not only the fear...But its just These guys can go at it for 90minutes straight left right center attack after attack...

I feel sorry for whoever have to face Ronaldo, Nani and Quaresmas foot work...May God have Mercy on the team's in Euro 2008

Euro 2008 Belongs to Portugal

The only team i can see stopping Portugal is France, And even them, Will have a tough time stopping Scolari's men

As i said

May God have mercy on all the team's in Euro

they have a good squad but spain, italy, france, holland, and germany have stronger squads. if they go far it will be only because of scolari. cristiano will not be one of the best players of the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
      they have a good squad but spain, italy, france, holland, and germany have stronger squads. if they go far it will be only because of scolari. cristiano will not be one of the best players of the tournament.
      I dont agree with the fact that Spain and France have a better squad...

France have a powerful squad, And so does Spain....

But i think that Portugal's beat of any, By name...Portugal has the best Squad..

You compare Ribery, Benzema, Nasri, Viera, Henry and possibly Malouda, On one hand it does not make sense why you would leave the likes of Flamini and Cisse at home....

With Nani, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Moutinho and Simao

And then you have on the other side,

Torres, Villa, Jaquin, Xabi and Fabregas

And am just looking on the side of attacking here...

where we all know in defence they all have another bunch of stars

While i just cant even see why u say Germany has a good team....They are a good team, but in terms of 5-6 attacking stars...their hard to find.....Vinny, Ballack, Podolski and Klose are probably the ones you come up with while Podolski and Vinny both in a bit of a off form at the moment

While Holland looks good too dont get me wrong, Sneijder, Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, Robben and Van Der Vart

But the fact that Italy left Inzaghi at home...Is plain stupid....Donadoni made a mistake there....

Comment

Good team this Portugal side is but in Europe, big name players don't mean success as it was proved in 2004.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

that was unwise.

france or holland will win. probably france
          ---------------l Rahmati l------------
          ----------Hosseini----Aghili-----------
          -Kaebi-------------------------Asadi-
          -------------Nekounam--------------
          -------------------------Mobali------
          -------------Zandi------------------
          --Shojaei----------------------------
          ------------------------Madanchi----
          --------------Khalili--------------

Comment

portugal has a great team with a bunch of stars but they lack a prolific goal scorer like van nistelrooy to get in the goals. Therefore they rely a fair bit on their wingers and midfielders to get the goals and set up play.

all the other major teams have good strikers

france: henry, anelka, gomis, govou.. they have so many good strikers that they can afford to leave behind trezeguet, cisse..
            spain: torres, villa.. and they leave behind raul!
            holland: RVN , van persie, huntelaar

They had Pauleta but he didn't deliver in 04 or wc06. and now they have to depend on nuno gomes, almeida or helder positiga who dont have many goals between them for protugal.

sorry to say arash but you threw $200 down the toilet, I dont feel portugal has what it takes to win euro!!

Comment

Arash....$200?!?!

khol shody?
              'I couldn't doubt that I was meant to pursue a great destiny'
              ~
              Cyrus the Great
              King of Kings, King of the World

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
                portugal has a great team with a bunch of stars but they lack a prolific goal scorer like van nistelrooy to get in the goals. Therefore they rely a fair bit on their wingers and midfielders to get the goals and set up play.
                all the other major teams have good strikers
                france: henry, anelka, gomis, govou.. they have so many good strikers that they can afford to leave behind trezeguet, cisse..
                spain: torres, villa.. and they leave behind raul!
                holland: RVN , van persie, huntelaar
                They had Pauleta but he didn't deliver in 04 or wc06. and now they have to depend on nuno gomes, almeida or helder positiga who dont have many goals between them for protugal.
                sorry to say arash but you threw $200 down the toilet, I dont feel portugal has what it takes to win euro!!

Its funny you say that..They might not have Nistelrooy or Henry,
                But they have the best Goalscorer in Europe on their team who comes in from a 40+ goal season

But, Time will tell, I am pretty sure i did not throw my money away and you will see

Comment

Originally posted by Yavar View Post
                  Arash....$200?!?!

khol shody?
                  If i win, The return will be $1600

Comment

Nani, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Moutinho and Simao

because of these players you bet 200$ ?????

say goodbye to your money

portugal is able to do good in this tournament, but never ever they will win this one

Comment

Im sorry Arash but i just dont see Portugal winning.

Its either Holland, France or Spain.

Too much pressure on Ronaldo for Portugal to do anything.
                      At Man U he has an all star cast but not at Portugal.

Comment

they will get surprised by Turkiye and Czech

I'm going for France on this one

Comment

Portugal has a killer midfield attack. Quaresma, Simao, Ronaldo, Nani are dangerous with Deco and Maniche holding things tidy, as well as a really good goalkeeper Ricardo. What they lack are genuine young strikers up front as well as a defence which is not the most confident I have to say apart from Carvalho. That will cost their chances of winning 2008.
                          sigpic

Comment

this one belongs to spain.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                              this one belongs to spain.
                              man i still have a feeling we will choke but i also have a feeling that we will win the whole thing lol. spain always plays hard teams as soon as the knockouts start and this time the first knockout match will be against potential winners italy, france, or holland so it is possible to lose that game.

Comment

Working...
                              X