OFFICIAL EURO 2008 THREAD- [Videos, Match Reports, Discussion, Tv Links]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
    The Mentor (Hiddink) schooled the Pupil (Van Basten). Russia were amazing, Dutch were horrible in defence.
    Dont blame Edwin for the proven historical fact of Dutch collpase in international tournaments He did make some brilliant saves but was eventually undone by Russia.
    the last 2 goals were his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
      the last 2 goals where his fault.
      No.

Defenders didnt do their job and allowed that ball to be played at the far post, and the last took a deflection of Heitinga or Ooijer through Edwin's legs.

Then again, Edwin is 37. Now is the time to retire and finish off his career at United.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
        No.
        Defenders didnt do their job and allowed that ball to be played at the far post, and the last took a deflection of Heitinga or Ooijer through Edwin's legs.
        Then again, Edwin is 37. Now is the time to retire and finish off his career at United.
        i guess it doesnt matter now anyways.

Comment

im so scared for spain.

Comment

mark my words russia will win the whole thing just like i told u all about this game

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
              im so scared for spain.
              This is the quarterfinals so its right about were spain gets bounced out!
              ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
              Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
              Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
              forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                This is the quarterfinals so its right about were spain gets bounced out!
                im 50/50 on this one. will history repeat itself and the slow start italians pull a somehow win and strong start spain pulls a somehow lose? or will the unwritten rule finally be broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                  mark my words russia will win the whole thing just like i told u all about this game
                  yh yh !!!

vodka
                  sigpic

Comment

photo presentation of the match:

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                    Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                      hey your not the only one

a few days ago i predicted russia to beat netherlands

i also said they gonna beat germany in the finals

but damn kodolin is sooooo lucky he didnt get that second yellow
                      SHOW TIME!

Comment

edwin is 37??????? you mean van der sar???? wow...i thought players couldnt carry on at the highest level after 35? (unless they are Daei, of course) I dont mean like theres a law against it, i mean dont players usually become a little bit........well, crap........ after 35?
                        Backing Daei since 1992, to this day.
                        GazKhor

Comment

Goalkeepers tend to get better with age. Some even play when they are 40 years old since its less to do with stamina and more to do with awareness, agility, and reflexes. Yes, Edwin Van der Sar is 37, Jens Lehmann would you believe is 38.
                          sigpic

Comment

i never liked van der sar, but in this tournament, he changed my mind. a bit to late though
                            Originally posted by siavasharian
                            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

after hollands 2nd game, i predicted they'd get eliminated in quarters (that was before russia owned sweden too)

Comment

Wow, before the tournament started, who would have thought Arshavin of Russia would outshine Ronaldo.

Comment

Working...
                                X