• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
    but i like cristiano too?
    even the best make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
      here is one more, this is goal.com's staff who followed the euro cup.
      he might not be the biggest expert but he still is a football fan like u and me and has his opinion.
      he didnt even select ramos in the 23 man squad!
      http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...0&postcount=36
      accept it dude, ramos was nothing great and nothing close to his real madrid games in this tournament. casillas was great, and everyone gives him credit, but when ramos isnt, people simply say he isnt, irrespective of wat club he plays for!
      again, no right back was chosen over ramos in that list. i am not saying ramos had a monster tournament. im just saying he was the best at his position. he was the best right back of the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
        again, no right back was chosen over ramos in that list. i am not saying ramos had a monster tournament. im just saying he was the best at his position. he was the best right back of the tournament.
        ur opinion is also respected
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

ur opinion is also respected
          its not only my opinion though. apparently you agree with me that sergio ramos was the best pure right-back of the tournament because you failed to name 1 pure right back that in your opinion outperformed him.

Comment

the only mistake ramos made in the tournament was in sweden game, where he missed the tackle that ibra scored.
            ramos is an amazing right back.

Comment

its not only my opinion though. apparently you agree with me that sergio ramos was the best pure right-back of the tournament because you failed to name 1 pure right back that in your opinion outperformed him.
              please can u define for me wat u mean by "PURE RIGHT BACK" and how is it different from say, "IMPURE RIGHT BACK"?

all the teams who play 4 back system play a RB. now i dont care if that RB was actually a GK, a midfielder or a striker. as long as he played RB this tournament and we are forming the dream team for THIS TOURNAMENT, we consider the players who played RB this tournament as options, no matter they play strikers, GKs or midfielders in their clubs or in other tournaments.

now UEFA and other critics thinks bosingwa and lahm played better RBs in their teams portugal and germany than ramos did in spain. even boulahrouz was mentioned ahead of ramos! again note, IN THIS TOURNAMENT!
              so i dunno wat else i have to say for u to realize in my opinion, sergio ramos was nothing but average this tournament and one of spains weakest players in a team that almost all its players played so amazingly!??
              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli34 View Post
                the only mistake ramos made in the tournament was in sweden game, where he missed the tackle that ibra scored.
                ramos is an amazing right back.
                its not just about making mistakes which lead to goals. its about how effective u r in the game as well because u might make mistakes but the opponent doesnt convert from ur mistakes or u just dont perform ur duties good enough in the game but the opponent doesnt use its chances.
                scoring goals like lahm did are only bonuses and making mistakes that cost goals are negatives like ramos and lahm made again.

noone said ramos is not a great player, but if he didnt perform good enough in this tournament, it means he didnt perform good enough in this tournament no matter how great he is.

otherwise i can say, luca toni is a great striker. so wat? does that mean i should put him in the euro dream team after this performance of his just because he is an amazing striker??

sagnol and zambrotta are also amazing RBs but had at best, mediocre performances this tournament! so wat? should i simply add them in my euro team because they are great players in general??
                ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

please can u define for me wat u mean by "PURE RIGHT BACK" and how is it different from say, "IMPURE RIGHT BACK"?
                  all the teams who play 4 back system play a RB. now i dont care if that RB was actually a GK, a midfielder or a striker. as long as he played RB this tournament and we are forming the dream team for THIS TOURNAMENT, we consider the players who played RB this tournament as options, no matter they play strikers, GKs or midfielders in their clubs or in other tournaments.
                  now UEFA and other critics thinks bosingwa and lahm played better RBs in their teams portugal and germany than ramos did in spain. even boulahrouz was mentioned ahead of ramos!
                  so i dunno wat else i have to say??
                  lahm played as right back? i saw the germany-turkey game and germany-spain game and he was left back. and he was always left back as far as i remember. same with boulahrouz hes a left back i dont know why you are mentioning these players as right backs. a pure right back means thats his natural position. ok i know altintop can play right back but if he does that means he is only in that starting line up because his performance as a midfielder. it doesnt mean he can play better in the right back role than sergio ramos.

did bosingwa play RB in every single portugal game?

Comment

its not just about making mistakes. its about how effective u r in the game as well.
                    scoring goals like lahm did are only bonuses and making mistakes are negatives like ramos and lahm made again.
                    noone said ramos is not a great player, but if he didnt perform good enough in this tournament, it means he didnt perform good enough in this tournament no matter how great he is.
                    otherwise i can say, luca toni is a great striker. so wat? does that mean i should put him in the euro dream team after this performance of his just because he is an amazing striker??
                    sagnol and zambrotta are also amazing RBs but had at best, mediocre performances this tournament! so wat? should i simply add them in my euro team because they are great players in general??
                    sagnol and zambrotta are good RBs but they werent as good as ramos in the tournament.

ramos did his job perfectly as always and was ever so close to scoring. he defended and joined the attack and made several good crosses. lahm and van bronkhorst were also good but they were left backs.

Comment

lahm played as right back? i saw the germany-turkey game and germany-spain game and he was left back. and he was always left back as far as i remember. same with boulahrouz hes a left back i dont know why you are mentioning these players as right backs. a pure right back means thats his natural position. ok i know altintop can play right back but if he does that means he is only in that starting line up because his performance as a midfielder. it doesnt mean he can play better in the right back role than sergio ramos.
                      did bosingwa play RB in every single portugal game?
                      u saw only germany's 4th and 5th game??
                      where were u when germany played lahm as RB and jansen as LB against croatia and poland??
                      lahm is a fullback who can play both as RB and LB. depenging who the other fullback is chosen, lahm is switched to the other side because of his versatility.
                      if a left footed LB like marcell jansen is playing, lahm moves to the right and jansen plays left.
                      if a right footed full back like arne friedrich is playing, lahm moves to the left side and friedrich plays right.
                      the first 2 games, lahm played RB, jansen LB. then jansen got injured, joachim low moved lahm to the LB position and friedrich to RB. and friedrich used this opportunity and performed better than jansen, so low continued using friedrich on RB and lahm as LB even though jansen recovered from his injury during the tournament.

boulahrouz is a RB who can play CB and in this tournament, he featured as a RB all the games he played! he never played as LB, atleast not in this tournament and not even in his hamburg days! didnt follow him much after he moved to chelsea and sevilla.

yes, bosingwa was portugals RB in every game he played which was 3 games! http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/tournam...669/index.html

dude, u sure u watched the whole EURO 2008 tournament??

and again back to the main point, this euro dream team is made based on the players performance in this tournament!
                      this tournament, lahm and bosingwa both played RB position and hence, a candidate for being chosen for the dream team!

and like i said, the fact that 2 UNNATURAL RB's were chosen over a "PURE RB" like sergio ramos means its even more embarassing for ramos to be outplayed by 2 3 players who are not even natural RBs. think about it!

--------------

if u wanna talk in general, sergio ramos is one of the best right backs in the world but so are zambrotta, sagnol and alves! but we are talking about this tournament, not in general!

if ur interested, read this article i posted below. spain had 9 players chosen for the team of the tournament, and guess wat, sergio ramos didnt make it! can u imagine, 9 out of the 11 spanish players made it to the euro dream team of the tournament except for the great sergio ramos! makes u wonder..how good was he really?

and if u read the red part, i think it answers ur question better than myself. its not a matter of who plays in wat position and wat reputation they have in general.
                      this team is made solely based on the players in this tournament and wat positions they played!

The UEFA Technical Team has named its UEFA EURO 2008™ Team of the Tournament, with no fewer than nine Spanish players being picked in the final 23.

Team breakdown
                      , with the remainder of the squad comprising three players from runners-up Germany, four from Russia, two each from the Netherlands and Portugal and a single player representing Turkey, Croatia and Italy.

'Not about reputations'
                      UEFA technical director Andy Roxburgh said: "The Team of the Tournament is something we put into our technical report for our coaching colleagues. We give them pointers on the players that our technical experts have appreciated during this event. This team is very much self-contained in terms of the tournament – this is not about reputations. In fact there are only four players in here who were in our UEFA Champions League team of the competition.
                      It's all very much about the performances in this competition. We haven't included anybody who was knocked out in the group phase."
                      ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

sagnol and zambrotta are good RBs but they werent as good as ramos in the tournament.
                        i dont think ramos was any better than zambrotta. sagnol was poor because of lack of games in bayern last season due to a long injury.

ramos did his job perfectly as always and was ever so close to scoring. he defended and joined the attack and made several good crosses. lahm and van bronkhorst were also good but they were left backs.
                        like i said, ur opinion is respected but disagreed with by me AND "...The nine-strong group of experienced football technicians who have followed every game at the tournament decided the selection..." (refer to my previous post for the full article and also to let u know lahm played RB 2 matches)

ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

u saw only germany's 4th and 5th game??
                          where were u when germany played lahm as RB and jansen as LB against croatia and poland??
                          lahm is a fullback who can play both as RB and LB. depenging who the other fullback is chosen, lahm is switched to the other side because of his versatility.
                          if a left footed LB like marcell jansen is playing, lahm moves to the right and jansen plays left.
                          if a right footed full back like arne friedrich is playing, lahm moves to the left side and friedrich plays right.
                          the first 2 games, lahm played RB, jansen LB. then jansen got injured, joachim low moved lahm to the LB position and friedrich to RB. and friedrich used this opportunity and performed better than jansen, so low continued using friedrich on RB and lahm as LB even though jansen recovered from his injury during the tournament.
                          boulahrouz is a RB who can play CB and in this tournament, he featured as a RB all the games he played! he never played a RB!
                          yes, bosingwa was portugals RB in every game! http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/tournam...669/index.html
                          dude, u sure u watched the whole EURO 2008 tournament??
                          and again back to the main point, this euro dream team is made based on the players performance in this tournament!
                          this tournament, lahm and bosingwa both played RB position and hence, a candidate for being chosen for the dream team!
                          and like i said, the fact that 2 UNNATURAL RB's were chosen over a "PURE RB" like sergio ramos means its even more embarassing for ramos to be outplayed by 2 3 players who are not even natural RBs. think about it!
                          --------------
                          if u wanna talk in general, sergio ramos is one of the best right backs in the world but so are zambrotta, sagnol and alves! but we are talking about this tournament, not in general!
                          if ur interested, read this article:
                          spain had 9 players chosen for the team of the tournament, and guess wat, sergio ramos didnt make it! can u imagine, 9 out of the 11 spanish players made it to the euro dream team of the tournament except for the great sergio ramos! makes u wonder..how good was he really?
                          and if u read the red part, i think it answers ur question better than myself. its not a matter of who plays in wat position and wat reputation they have in general.
                          this team is made solely based on the players in this tournament and wat positions they played!
                          The UEFA Technical Team has named its UEFA EURO 2008™ Team of the Tournament, with no fewer than nine Spanish players being picked in the final 23.
                          Team breakdown
                          , with the remainder of the squad comprising three players from runners-up Germany, four from Russia, two each from the Netherlands and Portugal and a single player representing Turkey, Croatia and Italy.
                          'Not about reputations'
                          UEFA technical director Andy Roxburgh said: "The Team of the Tournament is something we put into our technical report for our coaching colleagues. We give them pointers on the players that our technical experts have appreciated during this event. This team is very much self-contained in terms of the tournament – this is not about reputations. In fact there are only four players in here who were in our UEFA Champions League team of the competition. It's all very much about the performances in this competition. We haven't included anybody who was knocked out in the group phase."
                          never knew that about lahm. and i accidentally typed boulahrouz instead bronkhorst... damn dutch names. i think you are still misunderstanding me. im not saying sergio ramos was great man, im just saying he was the best right back. it is not fair to judge lahm or anyone elses performance as a right back in 1 or 2 games and say he played as a better right back than ramos. the fact is that ramos was SOLID. i am not just choosing ramos because of his reputation. ramos helped his team win and it makes perfect sense that 9 spanish players were chosen over him because spain is too damn good when it comes to players. that doesnt take anything away from ramoss performance as a RB. in fact no other pure RBs (except maybe bosingwa) were chosen in all of those lists which means RBs were generally unimpressive in this tournament.

Comment

thats alright, like i said, we can all have our own opinions. u and some others think ramos was solid this tournament, i and some others may disagree. its the nature of football

u just asked me to show u a EURO 2008 team which ramos wasnt included in and i showed u UEFA's experts list.
                            now if u disagree with it, thats ur opinion

all i wanted u to understand here was that, these players were based on wat position they played in this tournament and how they performed in this tournament alone, not based on wat positions they play in general for their clubs and country.
                            like i said, if lehman would play center forward for germany only in this tournament and score 10 goals, he would definitely make it to the EURO 2008 dream team as a striker even if he is not a striker but indeed a GK!
                            ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

in turkey, our dream team 11 is all 23 players that went to the euro. merci be to them for the memories!! we will never forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X