UEFA party to visit EURO 2012 co-hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UEFA party to visit EURO 2012 co-hosts

what's up with having two countries host futbol events these days...

whats up with crappy footballing countries hosting everything these days?

south korea-japan
    canada
    austria-swiss
    south africa
    poland-ukraine

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
      whats up with crappy footballing countries hosting everything these days?

south korea-japan
      canada
      austria-swiss
      south africa
      poland-ukraine
      its called giving everybody a chance

Comment

eew that's gross! Poland? Ukrain? talk about ugly ass countries...
        Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, at least are nicer to visit.

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
        CITY

Comment

By giving these countries the chance to arrange a tourmanent, they are forced to modernize their infrastructure and their stadiums. People (especially kids) still think of easter countries as what they were 20 years ago. Alright, we all know that they are far from western standards, but things change.

Italy wasn't given the EURO 2012 arrangement chance because only three of their stadiums (Meazza, Olimpico in Rome and Turin) are five star (or equivalent) UEFA stadiums. Poland and Ukraine are now building new stadiums for the games and I am sure that they will be looking fine by the time the tournament begins. We should take a good look at ourselves and our own country before judging the democratic countries in Europe. At least they are heading towards something better. Where are we going?

P.S. My advice to the sceptical members is to visit skyscrapercity.com. You'll find pretty amazing images there from all over the world, including Ukraine and Poland D.S.
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
          And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Austria is the best country in the world.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z View Post
              By giving these countries the chance to arrange a tourmanent, they are forced to modernize their infrastructure and their stadiums. People (especially kids) still think of easter countries as what they were 20 years ago. Alright, we all know that they are far from western standards, but things change.

Italy wasn't given the EURO 2012 arrangement chance because only three of their stadiums (Meazza, Olimpico in Rome and Turin) are five star (or equivalent) UEFA stadiums. Poland and Ukraine are now building new stadiums for the games and I am sure that they will be looking fine by the time the tournament begins. We should take a good look at ourselves and our own country before judging the democratic countries in Europe. At least they are heading towards something better. Where are we going?

P.S. My advice to the sceptical members is to visit skyscrapercity.com. You'll find pretty amazing images there from all over the world, including Ukraine and Poland D.S.
              i understand where you going with this bro.. and i totally agree.. this is good for the sport and i guess we could say it'll be great for economy boosting more jobs for constructions and etc and of course when the tournament starts the tourist that come in the country will spending crazy amount of money.. but what i don't understand is since 2002 it seems like we been having two host for every major futbol event exception of WC06.

and about that skyscrapercity.com it is an amazing site...highly recommend it everyone here to check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Ghormeh Sabzi View Post
                i understand where you going with this bro.. and i totally agree.. this is good for the sport and i guess we could say it'll be great for economy boosting more jobs for constructions and etc and of course when the tournament starts the tourist that come in the country will spending crazy amount of money.. but what i don't understand is since 2002 it seems like we been having two host for every major futbol event exception of WC06.

and about that skyscrapercity.com it is an amazing site...highly recommend it everyone here to check it out
                i guess its because of the same reason. it will improve 2 countries instead of just 1.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                  i guess its because of the same reason. it will improve 2 countries instead of just 1.
                  and the fact is, countries who're developping can't host a big tournament all by their own.

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                  CITY

Comment

dont worry we will all get aids in south africa and wont be alive for 2012 so dont worry about it

Comment

Exactly. Sweden and Norway will be applying to host EURO2016. Sweden arranged the games in 1992, but there were only 8 teams in the finals at that time, and there were not as many requirements on the stadiums.

Italy will most probably get the EURO 2016 if they apply for it and if they show the willingness to either improve their current out of date stadiums or to build new ones.
                      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                      And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X