• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro was up 2-0 until 3 seconds

Comment

Barkhordari loses and takes Silver

Comment

Damn that was rough. It was such an odd mismatch.

The guy was so much taller than everyone else.

Comment

The Tunisian guy wasn’t even good just tall AF. Hated how cocky he was man he was jumping up and down for the crowd with 10 seconds left it’s martial arts be classy Arab

Comment

are we done or we still have chance for more medals?
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
              Zare tomorrow wrestling for Gold

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                105+ weightlifting can medal. Definitely won't be gold but silver is in play

Comment

So far 8 medals(2golds) so might end up with 10-11 but won't rank up in the medal rankings unless we get a gold or two. If not will end up 25th ranked or so(based on medal types not medal count)

Comment

If we are lucky in weightlifting we will get bronze.. No chance for gold as Lasha will destroy everyone and win the gold unless he gets inured and silver is between the 2 armenians one of which is representing bahrain.

Lasha and the two armenians should definitely lift more than Davoudi and only way that doesn't happen is if they get injured or the pressure gets to them and they bomb out on the snatch or the clean and jerk. So the most realistic chance is for a Davoudi to sneak into third place for bronze.

Our weightlifting has fallen off so bad it is sad.

Comment

If someone told me you are the second smartest person in the world, I wouldve have been so proud that it would have spilled over in hubris. When we as a nation win or an athelte wins a silver we do not feel this way. Why is this so?

The guy has had the biggest achievement of his life. If he just holds on to his success and continues to use it in a productive trajectory then we will be a power house for years to come.

He went in there and gave it his all and won the respect of the world. It is guys like him that are pillar of iranian society. Unfortunately we have lousy systems and we act as morons when it comes to collective action. Therefore these achievement puts us as Iranians in a debt to him. He has the whole nation on his shoulder. I am proud of him, and tell my daughter about his strife and what he has to endure to sit infront of large crowds and battle it out. I tell her about the importance of sacrifice. About the importance and moral duty of giving your all no matter field or whatever you do. And most important of all, I tell her that if you have a dream it is your moral obligation to follow it. I tell her of how tough, smart and talented iranians are.

The silver is even more sweeter knowing he has the future ahead of him and that there were no expectations of him reaching this far as many members have pointed out with alot more tact than me.

Comment

For those who are counting, after today Iran is ranked

Total Medals: 21

Gold Medals: 23

Comment

Will Salimi and Amouzad get Gold for today?

Comment

Arian Salimi wins his first - looked very impressive to me! But then again I know nothing about the sport :P
                            maa bachehaaye iroonim
                            hamishe irooni mimoonim
                            baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                            baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Arian Salimi beats his Mexican opponent in QF. On to semifinal AFARIN
                              maa bachehaaye iroonim
                              hamishe irooni mimoonim
                              baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                              baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

These taekwondo judges are awful they missed 3 3 point kicks to the head lmao
                                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Working...
                                X