2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Can someone provide a schedule of dates and times our athletes compete ?
    Here it is (with Iran time) :

Comment

And that's the end​

Comment

Any medal predictions guys?

Comment

People with knowledge , what are our chances of beating the Mexican in the fencing tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
            People with knowledge , what are our chances of beating the Mexican in the fencing tomorrow?
            Generally our fencing do good against weaker opposition and almost always lose against better opposition (France, Hungary, italy, SK).

Comment

Horrible clothes for our athletes for opening ceremony. White coat and black roosari for women.

No green no red

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                Horrible clothes for our athletes for opening ceremony. White coat and black roosari for women.

No green no red
                They look like the staff of a hospital.

*Sigh. The designer literally said their inspiration was the medical staff at hospitals during Corona times!

Comment

They look like the staff of a hospital.

*Sigh. The designer literally said their inspiration was the medical staff at hospitals during Corona times!
                  It was Iran's turn right now. We were so cheap..

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

It was Iran's turn right now. We were so cheap..
                    Man this ceremony has been wild.
                    I was trying to watch this with my family and the opening ceremony had a clip that was almost the start of an adult film.

Comment

Man this ceremony has been wild.
                      I was trying to watch this with my family and the opening ceremony had a clip that was almost the start of an adult film.
                      That drag queen lgbt thing at his best

Comment

I'm going to make my predictions since the matches will start tomorrow.

2 Gold, 2 Silver, 5 Bronze. All from wrestling, also thanks to the unfortunate absense of Russian and Belarusians

---------------------------------------------

Wrestling - Freestyle

Rahman Amouzad (65kg): Prediction: Bronze, Potential: Gold
                        Younes Emami (74kg): Prediction: Bronze, Potential: Gold/Silver​
                        Hassan Yazdani (86kg): Prediction: Gold
                        Amir Ali Azarpira (97kg): Prediction: Bronze, Potential: Silver
                        Amir Hossein Zare​ (125kg): Prediction: Gold

---------------------------------------------

Wrestling - Greco roman

Mehdi Mohsennejad (60kg): Prediction: DNP, Potential: Bronze
                        Saeid Esmaeili (67kg): Prediction: Bronze, Potential: Gold
                        Amin Kavianinejad (77kg): Prediction: DNP
                        Alireza Mohmadi (87kg): Prediction: Bronze, Potential: Silver
                        Mohammad Hadi Saravi (97kg): Prediction: Silver, Potential: Gold​
                        Amin Mirzazadeh (130kg): Prediction: Silver

---------------------------------------------​

Other medal potentials:

Fencing- We were robbed a medal in both previous olympics by the refs. Pakdaman and team Sabre have a slim medal chance again this year.

Shooting- Hardest sport to predict, very small medal chance here.

Taekwondo- Our 2 boys and 1 of the girls (Nahid) have the potential to medal but we usually underperform when it comes to Taekwondo olympics.

Wightlifting- We only have two athletes, but both potentially get bronze if they are at their best day.

Speed Climbing- Alipour usually performs well in big competitions but anyone can slip at any moment and there are others with better record than him, still could medal.

Iranians competing for other countries- Kimia Alizadeh again has a chance to medal. Yekta Jamali also has an outside chance to be the first Iranian female weightlifter who medals in Olympics.

Comment

Only two weightlifters, what happened to this sport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Only two weightlifters, what happened to this sport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            we forgot how to dope and rezazadeh’s federation reign was disastrous for long term planning.

Comment

Why do they have drag dancers in the opening ceremony
                              im trying to watch this shit with my kid
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Sports Illustrated did medal predictions for every event and here’s what they predict from Iran:

Silver from Amouzad (Wrestling 65kg FS)
                                Gold from Yazdani (Wrestling 86kg FS)
                                Bronze from Azarpira (Wrestling 97kg FS)
                                Gold from Zare (Wrestling 125kg FS)

Bronze from Saravi (Wrestling 97kg Greco Roman)
                                Gold from Mirzazadeh (Wrestling 130kg Greco Roman)

Bronze from Mir Mostafa Javadi (Weightlifting 89kg)

Total: 3 Gold, 1 Silver, 3 Bronze

https://www.si.com/olympics/medal-pi...ics#_qcwelb3a2

Comment

Working...
                                X