No announcement yet.

2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 years old half-Iranian girl just won bronze in Judo!

Comment

I know I’m an old man yelling at the clouds for this but there are too many aquatic events and medals. Maskhare.

Comment

Really unfortunate we didn’t qualify for basketball this time around. Would’ve been a really good opportunity for our young talents like Amini and Jafari to get more exposure. Luckily they’ll still have plenty of opportunities to build their draft stock in the upcoming season in French league and G league

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          I know I’m an old man yelling at the clouds for this but there are too many aquatic events and medals. Maskhare.
          Instead of complaning and focusing on obscure sports, we should improve and be better in these sports. Some non mainstream countries have results or at least presence.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
            Really unfortunate we didn’t qualify for basketball this time around. Would’ve been a really good opportunity for our young talents like Amini and Jafari to get more exposure. Luckily they’ll still have plenty of opportunities to build their draft stock in the upcoming season in French league and G league
            It is insane we have hard time to be better than asian competitions that are more or less at our level in collective sports. we have generational change in basketball and volleyball but we also badly lack a quality coach in these sports and in football as a whole.

Comment

Alamian beats his Nigerian opponenent. Mens singles table tennis R64

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                14 Iranians on refugee team:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refuge...ummer_Olympics

& for other countries, some of the Iranian athletes include: Kimia Alizadeh is representing Bulgaria, Sara Doorsoun-Khajeh is representing Germany, and Tara Babulfath is representing Sweden

Swedish-Iranian judoka Tara Babulfath wins Sweden's first medal:

https://www.reddit.com/r/teammelli/c..._wins_swedens/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Olfati finishes Top 8 in Vault and will be in the Finals for a chance to medal next Sunday

Comment

Watched Shahsavari in Table Tennis and the poor woman was restricted by the hijab and lost to the French opponent. Damesh garm she gave it her best

Comment

What Olfati has done is remarkable. I don’t think we’ve ever had a gymnast go this far.

Comment

So Saeid Mollaei didn’t even qualify to Olympics? I guess there is a better Azerbaijani now . Lol…

Comment

100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m, etc etc. don’t forget front stroke, back stroke, butterfly, side stroke, sekte stroke, etc…relay, mixed relay, relay again, bunch of nonsense

Comment

What happened to that sepah pistol guy? He was so good last time I thought even tho he is older for sure he comes back.

Also, pakdaman got unlucky with matchup. The Korean smoked everyone to gold medal

we have some rowing and shooting coming up…

Comment

Mojalal wins the repechage and advances to the quarterfinals!

What a performance. Beat the other 3 by significant margin

Comment

What Olfati has done is remarkable. I don’t think we’ve ever had a gymnast go this far.
                                For me he is medalist candidate!
                                He is alredy firs iranien to win medal at ASIAN level on the vault. To bring medal from Olympic would be perfect

Comment

Working...
                                X