2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGC View Post

Of course you have a point. But I still don't take pride in us winning the obscure sports. Who cares?
    The problem with obscur sports is that they risk to be reduced or ditched in the next Olympics. Karate where we are good are not in the Olympics anymore, wrestling is reduced.

Spain in the contrary invests and are good in every mainstream sports or those with lot of money and completely neglect the rest

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post

The problem with obscur sports is that they risk to be reduced or ditched in the next Olympics. Karate where we are good are not in the Olympics anymore, wrestling is reduced.

Spain in the contrary invests and are good in every mainstream sports or those with lot of money and completely neglect the rest
      True about Spain. True about the risks. But I would not call Wrestling an obscure sport. Wrestling ought to have priority over ball sports etcetera. Its an olympic sport to the essence.

I agree that we ought to invest in all sports and it would be good with larger and more skilled olympic troops. But Im not the type that see the olympics as an end in itself. Olympics is its sports and if olympics is just a bunch of shit sports then I'll gladly watch something else.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

True about Spain. True about the risks. But I would not call Wrestling an obscure sport. Wrestling ought to have priority over ball sports etcetera. Its an olympic sport to the essence.

I agree that we ought to invest in all sports and it would be good with larger and more skilled olympic troops. But Im not the type that see the olympics as an end in itself. Olympics is its sports and if olympics is just a bunch of shit sports then I'll gladly watch something else.
        Wrestling was about to be deleted from Olympics recently

Comment

Unfortunately, greco-roman wrestling will most likely be dropped from the Olympics in the near future. Unless they also bring the female version.
          Weightlifting is also not far off if the amount of dopings continue to be high.

Instead they will probably bring more and more non-sports like dancing and even computer games lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
            Does anyone from Iran have a fair chance to make it to the podium in this Olympics? I was just reading about an athlete from the Azerbaijan Republic who won a gold medal in Judo, and started to feel envious.

https://olympics.com/en/news/paris-h...ens-73-kg-judo
            Out of all countries to envy, never envy that one.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
              Unfortunately, greco-roman wrestling will most likely be dropped from the Olympics in the near future. Unless they also bring the female version.
              Weightlifting is also not far off if the amount of dopings continue to be high.

Instead they will probably bring more and more non-sports like dancing and even computer games lol.
              esports will definitely be in.
              They will continue to expand aquatics, and what they think appeals to young audiences.

Olympics will be a garbage version of the x games by the time we're retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post

100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m, etc etc. don’t forget front stroke, back stroke, butterfly, side stroke, sekte stroke, etc…relay, mixed relay, relay again, bunch of nonsense
                Plus the diving and artistic events!
                Maskhare shode hamash.

Comment

Outside the top10, it is a huge mistake to focus on the medal table. We should focus on increasing our number on the most sport possible.

I struggle to see iranians, while I see turks, egyptians uzkeb, israel tunisians... very often when I change channel randomly.

Comment

Have you seen this?
                    Shame, she have now deleted ore hidden her profile. But most of the comments is like: Why did you take the money and went there for having fun in Paris? Ore shit like Dont go if you are not good enough.

This is bad to see have things are now, all of them at olympic should in my opinion be supported.
                    Yesterday they even attacked one other girl from the rowing team because they ment she had decided the clothes for Olympic,

Varzesh3 ورزش سه (@varzesh3) • Instagram-bilder og -videoer

Text: 📲 Instagram Reaction of the Iranian Rower to Criticisms! (Fateme Mojallal)

🔍 This Iranian female rower finished last in her group after advancing to the repechage round today and failed to qualify for the semi-finals.

🤳 On her Instagram, she posted some of the criticisms and wrote:

💬 "Did you expect my four years of athletic life to be like that of an American girl, that I would compete at the same level? Were my training and facilities like those of an Australian girl?"

💬 "Was my nutrition, recovery, and concerns like those of a Bulgarian girl? Was my rowing boat like that of a Brazilian girl, that you expected me to be like the Europeans and Americans?"

​​

Comment

Wrestling was about to be deleted from Olympics recently
                      Yes, that day I say, fuck the olympics.

Comment

In 5 hours, Iran vs USA in the Quarterfinals of Team Sabre Fencing. Anyone know how our chances look for this?

A win this round would give us 2 shots to get a medal (either win the SF or win the bronze medal match). I think we’re the underdogs here but we can hope

Comment

Originally posted by Nima View Post
                          Have you seen this?
                          Shame, she have now deleted ore hidden her profile. But most of the comments is like: Why did you take the money and went there for having fun in Paris? Ore shit like Dont go if you are not good enough.

This is bad to see have things are now, all of them at olympic should in my opinion be supported.
                          Yesterday they even attacked one other girl from the rowing team because they ment she had decided the clothes for Olympic,

Varzesh3 ورزش سه (@varzesh3) • Instagram-bilder og -videoer

Text: 📲 Instagram Reaction of the Iranian Rower to Criticisms! (Fateme Mojallal)

🔍 This Iranian female rower finished last in her group after advancing to the repechage round today and failed to qualify for the semi-finals.

🤳 On her Instagram, she posted some of the criticisms and wrote:

💬 "Did you expect my four years of athletic life to be like that of an American girl, that I would compete at the same level? Were my training and facilities like those of an Australian girl?"

💬 "Was my nutrition, recovery, and concerns like those of a Bulgarian girl? Was my rowing boat like that of a Brazilian girl, that you expected me to be like the Europeans and Americans?"

​​
                          She has money to make surgery and get that damn unwatchable ugly face while she was ok before.
                          She serious need to be Australian or Bulgarian to pull a boat?

Comment

Great start of alamian now he is getting destroyed

Comment

She has money to make surgery and get that damn unwatchable ugly face while she was ok before.
                              She serious need to be Australian or Bulgarian to pull a boat?
                              First of all you are confusing the persons 😂😂you are talking about wrong girl!

You don't follow the sport or the athlete (I base that based on that you dont know who she is), yet you turn on the TV and expect them to bring home an Olympic gold out of nowhere. Then, you move on and forget about the athlete. That's the truth about the Olympics. These athletes receive no support until the Olympics roll around, and then some people support them while others, like you, just expect results. How can you expect anything without even knowing the rules or what it takes?

It's clear you have no idea what it takes to compete at a high level in rowing. It requires years of intense training, access to quality equipment, proper nutrition, and recovery—all of which cost money and resources. A woman in Iran faces even more challenges, including limited facilities and support. Criticizing her appearance and ignoring these facts shows ignorance and a lack of understanding of the sport. Before making such comments, you should educate yourself about the sacrifices and challenges athletes face

Comment

Alamian lost 4/2 he didn't play bad, the Japanese was strong. Too bad he completely blew set 2 3 and 4 that easily

Comment

Working...
                                X