2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nima View Post

First of all you are confusing the persons 😂😂you are talking about wrong girl!

You don't follow the sport or the athlete (I base that based on that you dont know who she is), yet you turn on the TV and expect them to bring home an Olympic gold out of nowhere. Then, you move on and forget about the athlete. That's the truth about the Olympics. These athletes receive no support until the Olympics roll around, and then some people support them while others, like you, just expect results. How can you expect anything without even knowing the rules or what it takes?

It's clear you have no idea what it takes to compete at a high level in rowing. It requires years of intense training, access to quality equipment, proper nutrition, and recovery—all of which cost money and resources. A woman in Iran faces even more challenges, including limited facilities and support. Criticizing her appearance and ignoring these facts shows ignorance and a lack of understanding of the sport. Before making such comments, you should educate yourself about the sacrifices and challenges athletes face
    Of course I don't except to bring gold, I have absolutely no expectations for any Iranians at this Olympics games I just follow their games, if they win che behtar if They lose we will be upset 2sec and will forget it the next minute, not the end of the world.

Bringing excuse left and right after their defeat is becoming a national sport, as if it will change anything. Btw we have athletes in various sports, both men or women who aren't doing better since they train abroad

Comment

Very hard to see anything in fencing games lol

Comment

We beat usa. In fencing 45/44!

Comment

Wow Pakdaman with an insanely clutch performance to lead Iran to 45-44 win vs USA. USA is world rank 2 and Iran is rank 9

iran advance to semifinals vs Hungary

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
            Wow Pakdaman with an insanely clutch performance to lead Iran to 45-44 win vs USA. USA is world rank 2 and Iran is rank 9

iran advance to semifinals vs Hungary
            That is amazing. These guys are heroes. They just pop up out of nowhere. Where did they learn to fence like this?

Irans sports infrastructure is like: Book municipal facility or something (at best), then watch youtube + super nerd obsession with the sport. Knowing how Iran works, these performances in various sports is like cool runnings x10. So much passion!

Comment

Semi final at 15.50 paris time

Comment

^ Dang it was hoping it would be tomorrow
                its 6am ive been up all night lol

Comment

Iran 1 - Sheytane bozorgh 0

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    Semi final at 15.50 paris time
                    950 AM EST for our dear North American friends.

Comment

Start in 10 min.

I fear the AC2024 scenario, beat a big in QF and lose in semi after

Comment

Leading vs Hungary for now. If we win guaranteed at least Silver medal and first medal of games.

Comment

Last game fotouhi lost 7/0, this time rahbari blow our lead with a 7/1 loss

Comment

I still don't understand this sport.

Comment

It's always been like this with all our sports -they won one game against a big opponent and that's it they're done that's their victory rather than focusing on winning the whole thing …

Comment

Leading 30-25 so far. Just need to hold on until 45

Comment

Working...
                                X