Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Lopez manhandling the Korean so far
    Yes indeed. But he just wrestled 6 minutes. He is super scared of losing energy. Completely gave up the par terre in second round? He also cut extremely much weight.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

Yes indeed. But he just wrestled 6 minutes. He is super scared of losing energy. Completely gave up the par terre in second round? He also cut extremely much weight.
      I'm no expert in Wrestling but I assume Mirzazadeh having even 6 minutes extra rest helps him?

If Mirzazadeh beats Lopez he looks likely for Gold?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

I'm no expert in Wrestling but I assume Mirzazadeh having even 6 minutes extra rest helps him?

If Mirzazadeh beats Lopez he looks likely for Gold?
        Yes indeed. Lopez has cut alot of weight and is old. He is managing this right now.

But Mirzazadeh has to hand fight for his life and be good in par terre defence. Lopez has good hands even though he can be a LITTLE dirty in hand fighting. This is how to win. Good news and a big factor is what aghaye Bana taught our wrestlers. It all starts with impeccable par terre defence. Our guys are drilled in this and its almost as holy as under hooks in iranian wrestling.

Yes he is heavy fav if he wins. There are no guarantees and greco is in itself a bit unfair. But yes he should win it all. Kaya alp is out due to doping violation. (notice that mirzazade almost beat a dopes kaya alp in first senoir worlds he had. And beat him in clutch fashion in second meeting at last worlds)

Kaya alp was exhausted in the final. He is a strong dude. Which shows how good mirzazadeh is.

Comment

Japan was winning 2-0 and score was 24-21 in their favor in the 3rd set.

Italy came back and won 3-2.

never ever give up!

Comment

Well I wasn't surprized at all seeing the wrestling losses today. They both lost to the # 1 of their weight.
            Last edited by _Navid_; 08-05-2024, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Damn Nahid Kiani was drawn to face Kimia Alizadeh (now representing Bulgaria) in the Round of 16

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                Damn Nahid Kiani was drawn to face Kimia Alizadeh (now representing Bulgaria) in the Round of 16
                I have no knowledge of the sport whatsoever. Who is the better fighter? Just saw that Kiani is reigning world champ and that Alizadeh is Euro champ

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

I have no knowledge of the sport whatsoever. Who is the better fighter? Just saw that Kiani is reigning world champ and that Alizadeh is Euro champ
                  That’s the extent I understand as well. Seems they’re both contenders for a medal. Having them face off this early in the competition is unfortunate

Comment

Fumita wins semis and sends Mohsennejad to repechage.

Comment

We will finally get our first medal tomorrow. A bronze from Mirzazadeh.

Comment

Qatar, a country of 2.5M ....

“It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

^st lucia, a country of 190K won their first gold medal ever…and we’re still looking for our first medal

Comment

Reza Alipour qualified to the final of speed climbing as one of the best 8.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                              Reza Alipour qualified to the final of speed climbing as one of the best 8.
                              Mashallah

Comment

https://iranwire.com/en/sports/13256...h-clash-again/

"Her brief post revealed her internal struggles and dreams tied to the Tokyo Olympics. She wrote to her old friend, Kimia Alizadeh: "I reached a place where I had to send all my strength to my legs so that I could raise my strong Iranian flag. Iran, the same civilization of thousands of years that I am a daughter of its water and soil. I didn't know that one day in the biggest event of my life, at the point I had been trying to reach for years, I was going to stand in front of my countrywoman, in front of a friend who is part of my sports memories. What should I have done? Politics had grown in front of us. I don't know what happened to the world that the force of sports did not reach politics, and the Olympic flag has become only a careless symbol that proclaims the slogan of peace.""

On one hand I want Kiani to win for girls and women not losing hope. On the other hand I want Alizadeh to win too. As a refugee and someone who has bore the brunt of repression.

Wish both the best. Most I hope Kiani wins and inspire millions of girls in Iran to aspire for excellence in sports. Making life miserable for the misogynists.

Comment

Working...
                                X