No announcement yet.

2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how things work. If Alizadeh had still be representing Iran, Kiani probably wouldn't even be at the Olympics!

Comment

‪Horrible beginning to the Olympics for Iranian athletics —then this week the pahlevans and shir-zans showed up !‬

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post
        ‪Horrible beginning to the Olympics for Iranian athletics —then this week the pahlevans and shir-zans showed up !‬
        Unfortunately it has always been like that.
        Any early success for us in the Olympics is a surprise (for example Haddadi winning a silver in discus throw).

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          She goes to the final. Really no doubt about it. Beat her Lebanese opponent handily.

The sensors sucked. Without Kiani's coach making challenges. many points would have been missed.

Guaranteed medal. She will now be the highest finishing Iranian female Olympic athlete ever.
          Nokhodi our challenges by our coaches have been amazing, including Esmaeili's coach who challenged the zarbe fanni which happened outside of the mat. These last two days, so far, have been the greatest Olympic days for Iran. I get more joy from Olympic wins by Iran than football for some reason.

Comment

Kiani will face a South Korean for the final.
            South Korea has a mafia in the sport. Refereeing will be very harsh on her. She should be prepared mentally.

Comment

It says the final will be 21:40 CET tonight.

Comment

Any early success for us in the Olympics is a surprise (for example Haddadi winning a silver in discus throw).
                Let's be honest.. our bread and butter is and always will be (unless something drastic happens) wrestling. We are getting more athletes in other sports, like canoeing, climbing, Taekwondo, ping pong... Olfati was the first Iranian to qualify for gymnastics... things are happening slowly and we can't expect anything else with the current conditions. There is a reason that outside of the 77 plus total olympic medals, about 7, now including Kiani's medal tomorrow, have been from sports outside of koshty and vaznebardary.

Comment

True —I think the fencing's success and possibility to medal as well as the gymnast early on-and their eventual failure to medal had me bummed

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLion80 View Post

True —I think the fencing's success and possibility to medal as well as the gymnast early on-and their eventual failure to medal had me bummed
                    Yes Nokhodi... we almost medaled in team Sabre, narrowly beating USA and then losing to France for Bronze 45-28.

Comment

I was wrong about the date of the final. Kiani's match is today at 3:37 pm eastern time against a South Korean.

Comment

Really hope Kiani gets her head together and is not satiated by being the first Silver medalist.

She has a chance to write her name even further in history books as the first Iranian women gold medalist. Think of the inspiration she will have for women in our country.

She is the underdog and has nothing to lose

Comment

Alizadeh has a repechage match around 2:00 and if she wins that, she will have to win another match to win bronze.

Comment

Wonderful accomplishment for her. We know her heart lies with the people especially after her banning in 2022. She is a true shir zan and has had to endure a lot to get to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                              Wonderful accomplishment for her. We know her heart lies with the people especially after her banning in 2022. She is a true shir zan and has had to endure a lot to get to this point.
                              Didn't she leave earlier?
                              The road was paved by Kiani for her!

Comment

Congratulation guys!! I'm really liking this year's Olympics!!

Comment

Working...
                                X