I got a chuckle out of this!!LOLLLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a chuckle out of this!!LOLLLL

This feedback was on espn.com about team USA basketball: I am still laughing. It amazes me how people are blinded by their bias. anthony better than kobe and LbJ????????

It's going to be tough, but I really think the USA is the favorite for gold, and will actually get it done this year. FOr those of you that don't watch international ball, these guys can play, and the rules are quite a bit different.
    I don't understand why everyone is saying the Kobe and LeBron are the best players on the team. Kobe have very limited experience playing FIBA basketball and LeBron looked lost during the World Championships. Melo is their best player on the team, and has been for the past 3-4 years. JKidd is the most important player, but they can not win without Melo playing his best ball.

----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

source?

Comment

you know what..hes right... carmelo is one of the few players who plays with pride and heart for the US..hes a changed man when he puts on the jersey...he also usually leads team USA in PPG in tournaments (07 Americas, 06 WC)..he is their most integral player on the team IMO..heart sometimes means more than skill (which he def has alot of too)

but skill wise..james n kobe are better
      Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
        you know what..hes right... carmelo is one of the few players who plays with pride and heart for the US..hes a changed man when he puts on the jersey...he also usually leads team USA in PPG in tournaments (07 Americas, 06 WC)..he is their most integral player on the team IMO..heart sometimes means more than skill (which he def has alot of too)
        carmelo can only score. he was a hog then and hes a hog now.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
          source?
          http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/...TeamUSA-080722

bottom of the page
          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

He might have the greatest of hearts. That doesnt mean he is as good of a player as LbJ and Kobe who clearly are the best players in the league and until someone else comes in the future drafts nobody can touch these two until kobe starts to decline since LbJ is very young and has a lot of phenomenol years ahead of him. To me he should have been the MVP this past year

Comment

team usa will win gold at the olympics. they have won gold 3 out of the last 4 olympics. and won bronze at the athens olympics. they will get the gold.

but first, they will have to lose to turkey this friday

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
                team usa will win gold at the olympics. they have won gold 3 out of the last 4 olympics. and won bronze at the athens olympics. they will get the gold.
                but first, they will have to lose to turkey this friday
                team usa can easily win gold without melo playing a single minute. any team that has kobe, LbJ and big presence on the inside, really doesnt need anyone else to score that much

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                  That doesnt mean he is as good of a player as LbJ and Kobe who clearly are the best players in the league and until someone else comes in the future drafts nobody can touch these two until kobe starts to decline since LbJ is very young and has a lot of phenomenol years ahead of him. To me he should have been the MVP this past year

What does the best player in the league have to do with the best player on Team USA? The two dont necessarily correlate.

I am a huge Lakers fan, and even I can say that Melo has a huge role in Team USA, he plays great in international competitions and he did very well in FIBA and the Americas tournament, while Kobe's and LBJ's point averages for the team dont come close to his

Melo led USA in scoring in the past few tournaments, so based on that information alone, that is enough to conclude that he is VERY important to the team.

Comment

Great post, repped because you know what you are talking about.

Comment

**** melo that son of a *****. worthless piece of trash. I dont think i can ever forgive him for that laker series.

Comment

Anthony Is An Over-Rated Ball Hog.

I Remmeber Reading An Article About His Attitude When He Was Playin College Basketball At Sureques (Sp??) =P

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                          What does the best player in the league have to do with the best player on Team USA? The two dont necessarily correlate.
                          I am a huge Lakers fan, and even I can say that Melo has a huge role in Team USA, he plays great in international competitions and he did very well in FIBA and the Americas tournament, while Kobe's and LBJ's point averages for the team dont come close to his
                          Melo led USA in scoring in the past few tournaments, so based on that information alone, that is enough to conclude that he is VERY important to the team.

You always try to give your comments credibility by saying you are a lakers fan!! so what??? That doesnt mean anything. Anyone who thinks anthony on an international level is better than kobe must be really on crack.

The only way you can stop kobe is if the rest of the guy on his team cant make shots (ehhem, the lakers) but if you surround him with players who can hit open shots then the opposition cant gang up on him, cuz they know the rest of the guys can do the job. Anthony was part of the team before. what did that team do??? AGain its not anthony's attitude that is the problem. Its his game. His ofense is part time and he never plays defense.

Whenever team USA has had THE BEST PLAYERS in the NBA playing for team usa, that team has demolished the competition, just like the first 2 dream teams in 92 and 94. I watched all of their games live and those were some great teams. Now we are going back to that situation again. We have kobe and a MATURE LbJ. melo is not even needed, but what the heck, we'll take him!!

Comment

nobody in the NBA today has more heart than Kobe. Melo had all the help in the world with AI, martin (2 #1 NBA draft picks by the way) and the great defensive presence marcus camby and the nuggs got SWEPT!!!! I didnt see any heart and I doubt if any of the nugg fans saw either (just ask nypipmp)

Comment

its the fiba world championships where team usa has trouble...not the olympics. and i cant believe none of you said a word about dwight howard!!!! he's a monster on the glass, and will be key to usa's quest for the gold.

Comment

Working...
                              X