No announcement yet.

Iranian Basketball team Olympic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we win one game, that would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by mohsenfootball View Post
      I really want to know what your on, read my question again, asssann look at the first thing i say, im in FLORIDA, u think thats close to Beijing? haha wow some ppl on this forum should read b4 they post
      He probably thought your going to go to the Summer League or something.
      Take it easy .
      People make mistakes.

Comment

About a week left to our first game!

August 9
        Russia - Iran

August 11
        Iran - Lithuania

August 13
        Australia - Iran

August 15
        Iran - Argentina

August 17
        Iran - Croatia

August 20: Quarterfinals

August 22: Semifinals

August 24: Olympic basketball finals

Comment

Originally posted by RahmanRezai View Post
          About a week left to our first game!

August 9
          Russia - Iran

August 11
          Iran - Lithuania

August 13
          Australia - Iran

August 15
          Iran - Argentina

August 17
          Iran - Croatia

August 20: Quarterfinals

August 22: Semifinals

August 24: Olympic basketball finals

lol all our opponents end with A

Comment

we cannot expect too much from our team!

This is a learning phase for our team

But one think is for sure , Iranian basketball will be stronger after the tournament. I would be happy if we were just able to get one win against any team.

Also if either Haddadi or Nikkhah make it to the NBA I would be ecstatic.

Comment

I was very lucky to say I attended all of their games in Utah! The games were actually played 5 minutes away from my house at Salt Lake Community College where I am currently attending school! The crowd and atmosphere was amazing guys, there were hundreds of proud Iranians with face paint, large flags, posters, and horns shouting "doo doo dodooo rooo IRAN!" Fealt like a soccer game, it was funny to see all the americans thinking WTF are they saying and chanting every 5 minutes! Also some greeks there with flags cheering for Utahs only greek player who sucks.

As for the game we obviously lost but I have to say I was very proud of our players and team, they all played well and never gave up. The best player in my opinion in these games was #14 Nekkah and I actually spoke with him and couple other players after one of the games...they were telling me how difficult it is to get so many ticky tac fouls called on them that they are not used to in Iran so that played a big role... I showed them and explained to them a little bit what american rules are like which was cool. I forgot to ask why Rouzbahani didnt play but anyway overall it was all good and I took a few pics of the game and with Hassan Alessafar too maybe ill post em later when I have the time. Hope they do well in the olympics and get to at least quarter-finals!

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F View Post
                Also some greeks there with flags cheering for Utahs only greek player who sucks.
                hell yea!!!

and koufos doesnt suck lol

since this is the first ball thread i see... just in the news carlos arroyo of orlando has signed for maccabi tev aviv lol
                Go Cows!

Comment

****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=174414

i knew it i knew it I ****ING KNEW he was gonna get injured playing all those minutes, read my post:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...5&postcount=36

but no bahrami, no sahakian...if they are injured i hope its not serious. And if its injuries the coach is worried about i got no beef but then why did haddadi play every second so far?
                  i knew something bad was gonna happen, but i mustve missed the part where he actually went down cause my stream was messed up

MY GODDDDDDDDDDD we are SOOOOOOOO ****KKKKKEEEEEEEEEDDD

if this is serious we will be lucky if we dont lose every game by more than 30

Comment

btw we are ranked last in the power rankings, even behind angola because of haddadis injury

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Ranking-2977/

they had some good things to say though

12. IRAN

Perhaps the biggest surprise in the preparation games heading into the Olympics has been Iran. After being beaten up by some NBA Summer League teams, Iran showed up in the FIBA Diamond Ball Tournament to upset Serbia (how the mighty fall!) and battle Argentina.

This is indeed a pretty decent team, well organized, tough, often fearless, and intense –their perimeter defense is relatively solid- to make up for their lack of talent. Actually, their game seems to have a defined purpose, which usually relies on the presence of Hamed Ehadadi in the middle, an interesting finding for the basketball world these past weeks.

The 7-2 center is a fundamentally sound big who shows some moves in the low post, a nice mid-range stroke and who passes the ball with nice criteria. It’s not like he’s a star –he’s rather skinny, looks sometimes passive, struggles defensively- but he provides a constant on-court reference for his teammates, providing them of better scoring options, and has legit talent.

Unfortunately, Hadadi suffered an ankle injury in the last game of the Diamond Ball tournament, and his status remains uncertain. Anyway, come the real competition, the reality of a very limited team should prevail, being head-and-shoulders favorites to close their group ladder.

Comment

Bahrami is fine. Stop over-reacting.
                      Only Kamrani is injured for now and they are not sure if he is going to make it to the Olympics yet based on Toroman's latest interview.
                      http://isna.ir/ISNA/NewsView.aspx?ID...1173936&Lang=P

Also here's a interview with Bahrami:
                      http://isna.ir/ISNA/NewsView.aspx?ID...1174463&Lang=P

He's fine and he says there have been talks with some good clubs but he won't say anymore until it is finalized.

Comment

PLEASE GUYS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD don't expect too much from them

i read in a different thread that some ppl think we can make it to the 1/2 finals etc.

you guys need to be realistic. yeah i know "impossible is nothing" etc.

but

russia: i've seen every match of that team when they became the champs of europe. of course they were a bit lucky too but you don't become the champs of europe just like that.

argentina: do i need to say anything?

croatia: i've seen them play against germany a few weeks ago. they dominated a german team that had players like nowitzki and chris kaman!

lithuania is also a decent team. don't know much about australia though. lets just enjoy the games and you can only enjoy them if you don't expect too much

Comment

To those in Australia.

SBS will be showing the Iran V Russian game at 11am on 10/08/08
                          Iran V Lithuania game at 11 am on 12/08/08
                          Iran V Croatia game at 11am on 18/08/08

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
                            To those in Australia.
                            SBS will be showing the Iran V Russian game at 11am on 10/08/08
                            Iran V Lithuania game at 11 am on 12/08/08
                            Iran V Croatia game at 11am on 18/08/08
                            great thanks for that , should be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
                              we cannot expect too much from our team!
                              This is a learning phase for our team
                              But one think is for sure , Iranian basketball will be stronger after the tournament. I would be happy if we were just able to get one win against any team.
                              Also if either Haddadi or Nikkhah make it to the NBA I would be ecstatic.
                              yee, this will b a good learning step.. then we can like do sick in Fiba World championship

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                                hell yea!!!

and koufos doesnt suck lol

since this is the first ball thread i see... just in the news carlos arroyo of orlando has signed for maccabi tev aviv lo
                                l
                                Noooo.. hes 1 of mi fav players

Comment

Working...
                                X