Regarding the Olympic games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the Olympic games!

Sorry for putting this in the football forum - but this is the forum most visited so i thought it would be easier getting answers.

Does anyone know where to get a list of all the sportevents that iranians are participating in??

Click here

It's all in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad Khan View Post
      Click here

It's all in there.

Thanks alot!
      Damet garm!

Comment

It looks to me that the list is either incomplete or simply wrong in some aspects.

Fir ex. Yossef Karami is not on the list - the guy who won bronze in Athens in Taekwondo.

According to other sources he is going to participate in the this years Olympics...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/...bio/index.html

Comment

I read that we have a total of 55 Athletes and 14 staff members in the olympics which is huge. I always remembered Iran in the opening ceremonies and the size of the Iranian caravan is always ~10 people or so. It's nothing like what European countries send to the olympics, but it's a good start. I'm hoping to see more of our team sports in the olympics.
          sigpic

Comment

^ sorry looks like wikipedia can never be trusted at times like my teachers tell me when I do research there

Comment

http://www.isna.ir/ISNA/NewsView.asp...1172066&Lang=P

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot View Post
                It looks to me that the list is either incomplete or simply wrong in some aspects.
                Fir ex. Yossef Karami is not on the list - the guy who won bronze in Athens in Taekwondo.
                According to other sources he is going to participate in the this years Olympics...
                http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/...bio/index.html
                Karami wont be at this years olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by chichinaldo View Post
                  I read that we have a total of 55 Athletes and 14 staff members in the olympics which is huge. I always remembered Iran in the opening ceremonies and the size of the Iranian caravan is always ~10 people or so. It's nothing like what European countries send to the olympics, but it's a good start. I'm hoping to see more of our team sports in the olympics.
                  this is the most athletes we've had since 1976. Hopefully they get bigger and bigger.

Comment

^ then I guess the Wikipedia's info is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad Khan View Post
                      ^ then I guess the Wikipedia's info is correct.
                      well karami fights in the 80 kg. division and this year Hadi Saei has moved up a weight class and is also in the 80 kg. division. So Hadi Saei is going to represent Iran instead.

Comment

Originally posted by tashakor View Post
                        Karami wont be at this years olympics.

Why???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot View Post
                          Why???!!!
                          Each federatino is only allowed two tae kwan do atheltes and one guy had already qualified. So Karami and Saei had a playoff where Saei won.

And you can find all the info here:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=61990

Comment

Working...
                          X