Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why the hell isnt iran's volleyball team at the olympics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why the hell isnt iran's volleyball team at the olympics?

with our basketball team making us proud, I suddenly remembered our volleyball team.
    our volleyball boys were something much bigger. our U21 won the world cup and our U23 became 3rd. I still remember that after these two tournaments our team had to play the olympic qualification. I was worried only a little about them making it to the olympics. I thought it was a sure thing. I was waiting for them playing against the best in the world

but now I wanted to get some info on our team and post them here, and I had to find out that they are not there at all.

http://www.olympicvolleyball2008.com...-who-is-going/

japan and china are there, we are not.

so to come back to my question, what happened? what happened during the qualification that we didnt make it. why wasnt it posted on pfdc or did I miss something?

who the hell is the coach of the senior team, that he couldnt even overcome japan with the most talented players in the world?

that mofo

our youth teams are doing well , but our senior team failed to qualify!

Comment

i think its the same as basketball in the sense that the host china automatically qualifies of course, and the winner of the asian championship also qualifies. Japan won in 2005, and we finished 6th somehow
      1.Japan 2.China 3.Korea 4.India 5.Thailand 6.Iran 7.Qatar 8.Australia 9.Pakistan 10.Bahrain 11.Indonesia 12.Vietnam 13.Chinese Taipei 14.Philippines 15.New Zealand 16.Uzbekistan 17.UAE 18.Hong Kong

Comment

yea thats weird....i remember our u-21 winning the world championship this last summer when i was in iran

that sucks we couldnt make it :/

Comment

we lost very bad in qualification tournament in Japan (2 months ago), we finished 6th among 8 teams. we beat Australia and Thailand and lost to Japan, Algeria !, Italy, Korea and Argentina. (Italy and Japan Qualified)

yes, we won U19 WC but dont forget, we won it by O19 players ! it never help our senior teams !

Comment

Our Jr. team came to Tijuana and won the championship...I was at the tournament. They should def. be at the Olympics...so hopefully in 4 yrs we can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
              we lost very bad in qualification tournament in Japan (2 months ago), we finished 6th among 8 teams. we beat Australia and Thailand and lost to Japan, Algeria !, Italy, Korea and Argentina. (Italy and Japan Qualified)
              yes, we won U19 WC but dont forget, we won it by O19 players ! it never help our senior teams !
              ah thanks for the info.

thats damn sad. our team still has a long way to go. if we cant even beat japan, korea or algeria we have nothing to search at the olympics.

but what I thought was that senior volleyball players would be quite young generally.
              I thought our youth players would be integrated into our senior team with no problems.
              probably I underestimated that sport

the world cup is in 2 years. last time we were ranked last, so I'm sure we will see an improvement this time around

Comment

Working...
              X