Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grizzlies Interested in Iranian Center Hamed Ehadadi!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grizzlies Interested in Iranian Center Hamed Ehadadi!!!

The Memphis Grizzlies are hoping to be able to sign Iranian center Hamed Ehadadi next week, according to the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

Ehadadi, who is 23 years old and 7-2, last played for Saba Battery of the Iran Super League. He'll also play for the Iran national team in the Olympics.

Ehadadi recently collected 19 points and 16 rebounds in summer league action at Utah

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...hamed_ehadadi/

haha thats great, but sucks at the same time; memphis is probably the unluckiest team because they are on the east coast but play in the western conference, which not only sucks because the west is a million times better but the travel schedule is rediculous. It is close enough for me to make a road trip or 2 though. And itll give me another chance to see adriana lima, I had so much more to say (jaric got traded to them this summer)

Comment

Awesome news.
      I hope he takes the deal unless he has better offers elsewhere. He should be smart and realize the first year is going to be very tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Awesome news.
        I hope he takes the deal unless he has better offers elsewhere. He should be smart and realize the first year is going to be very tough.
        it might be tough record wise, with the grizzlies being in the west at all, but if he goes his only competition is paos brother marc who hasnt played a second of nba basketball, and darko who cant REALLY play center. So unless they sign someone else dont be suprised if he starts.

Comment

Good News but damn Memphis Sucks lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyrider View Post
            Good News but damn Memphis Sucks lol
            sorry to keep spamming the thread lol, but they really dont suck, they are just unlucky. Look at their team, rudy gay, hakim warrick, Conley/Lowry at point, now they got O.J. Mayo. This is a six or seven seed in the east.

edit-im lookin at a map and memphis is a lot more west than i thought lol, its in the bottom western most part of tennessee. So i take that back

Comment

^lol well they were really bad last year and they lost pau gasol now too so thats a replace with hamed haddadi hopefully we'll see him in the raptors

Comment

if he does go guess what his first nba matchup is gonna be?

Yup, vs Yao in houston

Comment

^ aha has faced him once already in FIBA Diamond Ball
                  Hopefully

Comment

oj mayo passin it to hamed haddai!!??

now thats strange!! I mean when was the last time oj mayo passed the ball!!??
                    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer...ftWatch-080807

After those three prospects, things drop off very quickly. A few NBA scouts are interested in Iranian big man Hamed Hadadi ... but he's already 23 and no longer eligible for the draft. Hadadi, who stands 7-foot-2, has had a few impressive games this summer. NBA teams can sign him as a free agent.

Comment

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...h-offer-sheet/

Should the Griz land Smith he is expected to play power forward alongside Rudy Gay at small forward, O.J. Mayo at shooting guard and Mike Conley at point guard.

In another development, the Griz have identified Iranian center Hamed Ehadadi as a person of interest and hope to sign the 7-2, 23-year-old next week. Ehadadi last played for Saba Battery of the Iran Super League. He'll also play for the Iran national team in the Olympics.

Ehadadi recently collected 19 points and 16 rebounds in summer league action at Utah. He amassed 20 points and nine rebounds against Argentina and 20 points, 20 rebounds and six blocks against Serbia in Olympic tune-ups.
                        conley-mayo
                        josh smith-rudy gay
                        haddadi
                        warrick off the bench

if they kept stromile swift we wouldve had an and 1 team on our hands lol

man this is pretty exciting

guys apparently hadadi has some anger issues

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/...bio/index.html
                        Injuries: Ankle injuries. (NOC 06/08/07) He missed the end of the 2004/05 season when he damaged his arm and hand after smashing a window in frustration at fouling out of a game. (asia-basket.com 15/02/08
                        http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154247

Video: Fight Scenes from Iran Pro Basketball League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scene 1 - Hamed Hadadi attacks the referee:
                        http://www.rz4.org/~toofan/basketball.avi

Scene 2 - The American player Oliver and the Iranian player Nikkhah get into a fight:
                        http://www.rz4.org/~toofan/basket2.avi
                        he attacked a referee in 2004? And is the other one samad nikkah bahrami, or the late Idin? The vids dont work...

Comment

would be great to have an iranian in the NBA

Comment

i would expect a team like memphis to sign him...low ball club whom arent afraid to experiment...i think he will fit well in the system but if he does sign i still expect darko milicic to start over him as DM was putting up solid numbers near the end of the season
                            Go Cows!

Comment

lol memphis grizzlies have been sooooo off the radar for me at first i thought they were still in Vancouver

but that will be awesome, i hope they sign him and we should all go to memphis to visit him

Comment

Working...
                              X