Greatest world cup game of all time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest world cup game of all time!!

This game is still known as the greatest WC of game of alltime!!

The heavy favorites vs. defending european champions who had just eliminated the defending WC champions. #10 zico against #10 Michael Platini. Brazil vs. France 1986.

The game was full of drama and action!! I watched it live as an 11 year old boy in Iran and whenever I think of the game I think of one penalty. If you dont wanna watch the entire 8 minutes (which you should) watch the penalty at 5:46 I am sure the goalie is still thinking about it after 22 years (cannot freakin believe its already been 22 years!!). ENJOY!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Just looking at the teams competing and advancing it gives you this strange feelings that this was something so long ago because those same Teams are really nothing to be afraid of today.

Denmark for example...winning all 3 games in their group, and a Team like Northern Ireland being there as well as Belgium...goes to show you how far futbol has come today.

nice thread

Comment

3:50, if the French player had fallen on that foul by the Brazil keeper just outside the box, the goalie would have (rather should have) been sent off.
      sigpic

Comment

out of the games i have watched (since WC98), the best game is def Brazil vs Holland semi final 98

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi View Post
          out of the games i have watched (since WC98), the best game is def Brazil vs Holland semi final 98
          Being a Dutch fan that was one of the toughest games to watch. so much emotion in that game. And out captain missing a penalty. It just wasnt meant to be.

However my fave game is the Holland V Argentina in 98 where Bergkamp scores my fave goal of all time. That game had so many highs and low's, Red cards..etc. I will always remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
            3:50, if the French player had fallen on that foul by the Brazil keeper just outside the box, the goalie would have (rather should have) been sent off.
            yeah that is what I was thinking too! I didnt remember that play. How in the world did the ref didnt see that. The foul took a long time
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

WOW.
              what a sad ending, poor keeper

Comment

i wasnt around for that world cup..but one of my favs is definately brasil - belgium 02
                Go Cows!

Comment

to be fair it wasn't the final so i don't think the goaly feels that bad.

Comment

best world cup game was

Italy - Brazil WC 1982

Comment

Germany - France 1982. Germany coming back from 2 goal deficit in the overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                        best world cup game was
                        Italy - Brazil WC 1982
                        because you like italy!!??

This is not MY opinion. If I have to pick a game I would agree with zand and pick germany france of 1982 with klaus fisher's bicycle kick in overtime.

This is the game most experts have been calling the best WC game of alltime. I am just the messenger!!

Comment

Working...
                        X