Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[2008 Beijing Olympics] Basketball: Iran vs Lithuania Tip Off Times + Live Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faraz View Post
    My friend, did you actually watch the game? We were absolutely dreadful! I mean, I definitely did not expect to win and actually, I think the scoreline reflects the gameplay quite well.
    With Haddadi's size, he needs to be stronger around the paint and grab those damn rebounds.
    Lithuania played damn well and thoroughly deserved the 30 point victory IMO.
    don't go on and criticize Haddadi , if it weren't for him the margin would have been far worse than it is!! He is our best player.. period.

he scored 21 points and had 9 rebounds so he did his job.

The poor guy has 3 players on him every time he gets the ball!! He carries the team!

Comment

^^I watched the game from the 3rd period and Iran was terrible while Lithuania defended so good and scored on almost every single chance they got. Our players except hadadi are very stupid, they keep the ball, as if they're wasting time when they were 30 points down with couple of minutes to go.

imo they should practice more team work and taking chances.

hard luck against the aussies who will probably beat us even with a bigger margin.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
        don't go on and criticize Haddadi , if it weren't for him the margin would have been far worse than it is!! He is our best player.. period.
        he scored 21 points and had 9 rebounds so he did his job.
        The poor guy has 3 players on him every time he gets the ball!! He carries the team!
        I'll criticize whoever I believe should be criticized - obviously he's our best player, that's why I'm critical of him.

If you deny he needs some more strength down low to really make his mark, then you have no clue how to be the best at something or raise your game so that you actually have a chance at making the big leagues. He definitely needs to be stronger though on those rebounds and in the post - I heard there was talk of NBA teams looking at him and if he can somehow sign on, even to a D-league team, they can make him a good player.

Let's not simply look at the stats and applaud our players - and no, I'm not trying to put anyone down. Obviously I'm a fan no matter what - I just want us to make a name for ourselves in one way or another, and that requires a LOT more than just 21 points and 9 rebounds 30 game blowout.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
          they are medal contenders , whats wrong with that?!!
          What does being medal contenders have to do with anything?

When a team is blowing another team out in basketball, its bad sportsmanship to try to run up the score. Lithuania was shooting 3's, throwing alley-oops until the last second. Not to mention they played Kleiza, one of their best players, in garbage time.

Espeically in the Olympic Games, when its all about sportsmanship, this was a bit un-sportsman like in my opinion.

But no big deal, its just a side note

Comment

[QUOTE=faraz;1071535]I'll criticize whoever I believe should be criticized - obviously he's our best player, that's why I'm critical of him./QUOTE]

dude his not SHAQ, Hadadi is Irans best player, not one of the best players in the world, we should be so thankful we have him in the squad cause the rest of them aint even average ballers

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
              I'll criticize whoever I believe should be criticized - obviously he's our best player, that's why I'm critical of him.
              If you deny he needs some more strength down low to really make his mark, then you have no clue how to be the best at something or raise your game so that you actually have a chance at making the big leagues. He definitely needs to be stronger though on those rebounds and in the post - I heard there was talk of NBA teams looking at him and if he can somehow sign on, even to a D-league team, they can make him a good player.
              Let's not simply look at the stats and applaud our players - and no, I'm not trying to put anyone down. Obviously I'm a fan no matter what - I just want us to make a name for ourselves in one way or another, and that requires a LOT more than just 21 points and 9 rebounds 30 game blowout.
              Haddadi is playing in an average team.

Put him in a good team with good supply and he will make a name for himself. Although I think that Nikkhah and Kamrani are also big players for our team and its not just Haddadi; these three are crucial.

We are so reliant on him its not funny because he is the only tall in the team!

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              What does being medal contenders have to do with anything?
              When a team is blowing another team out in basketball, its bad sportsmanship to try to run up the score. Lithuania was shooting 3's, throwing alley-oops until the last second. Not to mention they played Kleiza, one of their best players, in garbage time.
              Espeically in the Olympic Games, when its all about sportsmanship, this was a bit un-sportsman like in my opinion.
              But no big deal, its just a side note
              I disagree. A team should be as ruthless as possible if they are serious about achieving something.

Comment

i still believe this scenario can happen: we beat croatia due to a last minute 3 pointer, we beat australia, we then face USA in the quaters and it turns out there entire team was involved in a doping scandal so we progress to the semi-finals and we beat argentina and then in the finals 8 of the lithuanian players surcome to food poisoning and we win!!!
                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by Super Ali Daei View Post
                  i still believe this scenario can happen: we beat croatia due to a last minute 3 pointer, we beat australia, we then face USA in the quaters and it turns out there entire team was involved in a doping scandal so we progress to the semi-finals and we beat argentina and then in the finals 8 of the lithuanian players surcome to food poisoning and we win!!!
                  Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Ali Daei View Post

Comment

our point guard is totally lost out there he doesn't have a clue.

Comment

im watching austrailia vs argentina ...I think we could beat austrailia

Comment

We still have a chance Australia is not that good of a team and we beat them before. Argentina we will lose but not as much as Lithunia's loss and Croatia i just dont know how good they are

Comment

Haddadi can be a World Class Player but he needs to improve on how to protect the ball in the post and not get stripped and he needs to be quicker he runs too slow

Comment

im hopefully against croatia simply because they dont have any nba players

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                                im hopefully against croatia simply because they dont have any nba players

Comment

Working...
                                X