Men's Basketball Iran - Croatia Date+Time [Live Report]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huh?
    Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
      Two Iranian players from abroad were invited to the pre-Olympic camp this year. One was a guy from Canada, the other was my friend and old roomate from right here in Orange County. Neither of them made the team, although my friend is convinced he is better than half the guards on the team and didn't make the team due to non-basketball reasons involving other player's stronger connections to the federation. After watching Iran's guards in this tournament, I think he might be right.
      I am excited about Arsalan Kazemi joining the national team in the near future, although he is only 17 at the moment and a member of Iran's junior national team. He recently moved to the US, will be playing 1 year of high school ball, and should be at a top Division 1 college team in 2 years. He looks like an incredible small forward prospect at 6'7 and will be huge for our team in a few years.
      so in the whole of america there is only one good Iranian player?!!

I think there should be some better scouting, I'm pretty sure they could find more than just one good Iranian player in the us.

I know this one guy in australia who plays for melbourne tigers which is one of the biggest teams in australia and he is going to us on some scholarship . He has expressed desire to join the team and even sent them some footage of him.

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
        so in the whole of america there is only one good Iranian player?!!

I think there should be some better scouting, I'm pretty sure they could find more than just one good Iranian player in the us.

I know this one guy in australia who plays for melbourne tigers which is one of the biggest teams in australia and he is going to us on some scholarship . He has expressed desire to join the team and even sent them some footage of him.
        I agree, the basketball federation's scouting and eye for talent is very weak.

Comment

guyz even tho iran needs some improvements especailly their pg play, they played pretty well and it was a GREAT experience for them and it was jst good seein iran make it to a sport where not many ppl expected. but do u guyz this that if Aidin had been playin it would hav made a lil difference? wasnt he one of our best players? its so sad that he died like that...

Comment

Definitely! I dont care that they lost all their games. They showed their spirit, played as a team and proud to represent Iran. True pahlavans

This will only increase the popularity of basketball in Iran and I can 100% assure that this team will play in many many more Olympics. Furthermore, lets just remember that the rise of basketball in Iran has been nothing short of amazing given that in less than 10 years they not only won the Asian title but qualified to the Olympics.

p.s. To those that keep bringing up the 'oh we got better Iranian players abroad' mantra...for both basketball and football...get a grip! Im sure the guys in Iran try just as hard!

Comment

Khodaro shokr ke in basketball ham tamoom shod va rahat shodim az in thread haye basketballe iran. Khosham oomad panj ta bazi panj ta bakht oonam che bakhtaye abdari. Ta shoma bashin hey basketball basketball nakonin. Baba ma ke az rooze aval goftim hich kari nemikonan.

We are still nothing in Football che berese be basketball.

Comment

daaaaaaaaaamn man

after the argentina game i had some hopes thinking they're getting better and now this game?? wtf???

how did we play so good against one of the best teams in the WORLD to losing horribly to all the other teams? i dont get it.

Comment

Its OK. For the past 2 years the head of the federation has been saying our goal is to get into the World Championship in 2010. They weren't even expecting this and it happened.
                  They had some good moments and gained valuable experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X