X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our only hope of a Gold medal [Live Report]

Hadi Saei

Info About the men's 80KG taekwondo event:

The men's 80 kg competition in taekwondo at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing will take place in the Beijing Science and Technology University Gymnasium on August 22. A total of 16 men will compete in this event, limited to fighters whose body weight is less than 80 kilograms. Preliminaries start at 11:00, quarterfinals at 16:00, semifinals at 17:30, repechage at 18.30, bronze medal bouts at 19.30 and the final at 20:30. Two bronze medals will be awarded at the Taekwondo competitions.

The main bracket consists of a single elimination tournament, culminating in the gold medal match. A repechage is used to determine the bronze medal winners. Every competitor who loses to one of the two finalists competes in the repechage, another single-elimination competition. Each semifinal loser faces the last remaining repechage competitor from the opposite half of the bracket in a bronze medal match.

The hopes of 70.5million people on this guy our only realistic chance of a gold medal. He will start the competion against Bista of Nepal whom he should realisticly be able to beat.

You can follow the competion on wikipedia and iam sure IRB3 will show it:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taekwon..._Men%27s_80_kg

Alle Iran
    Please watch and Subscribe:

I love the guy and all
    but i searched his name on Yahoo a couple of days ago and there's pictures of him kissing Mullaz and shit .
    What's up with that??

Comment

whats wrong kissing mullas??

Comment

Originally posted by Milad-69 View Post
        I love the guy and all
        but i searched his name on Yahoo a couple of days ago and there's pictures of him kissing Mullaz and shit .
        What's up with that??
        he's gotta qualify somehow.

Comment

I am pretty sure you mean GOLD medal, since we already have one medal in wrestling

I edited the thread title then.
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

hmm. u should change the thread name to 'our only hope at a gold medal' coz in 20 minutes Fardin Masoumi will get us a bronze medal in wrestling

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
            Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

Originally posted by alihos93 View Post
              hmm. u should change the thread name to 'our only hope at a gold medal' coz in 20 minutes Fardin Masoumi will get us a bronze medal in wrestling
              o ok.

Comment

my korean friend told me that Korea is going to use very young and inexperienced tak wando players in beijing since most of the "good ones" retired.

So Hadi might as well get us the gold medal if the chinese taipei or the chinese don't sop him from doing so

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by Milad-69 View Post
                  I love the guy and all
                  What's up with that??
                  do u really think its his choice?
                  I got no time for a signiture

Comment

is there a good chance he could win a metal ?

Comment

Are the times posted EASTERN times? Does anybody know if NBC going to show the taekwondo events?

Comment

^^^^
                        Iran (Hadi Saei) vs. Korea Republic: Athens 2004 Semi-Finals

Apparently there are no Koreans in Saei's weight group. I've been doing taekwondo for many years now and the Iran - Korea rivalry in taekwondo is one of the biggest. I would be very dissapointed if we or even a Korean in another weight group lose to a Chinese player.

Comment

Originally posted by MahdiG35 View Post
                          Are the times posted EASTERN times? Does anybody know if NBC going to show the taekwondo events?
                          NBC shows every event. There is a twelve hour difference between eastern time and local (beijing) time. Therefore, it should be quite easy to convert the times (p.m. --> a.m.).

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
                            my korean friend told me that Korea is going to use very young and inexperienced tak wando players in beijing since most of the "good ones" retired.

So Hadi might as well get us the gold medal if the chinese taipei or the chinese don't sop him from doing so
                            He will meet his main opponent Steven Lopez in the Gold medal Match.

The below is Steven Lopez's Medals and Championships. In every single competition he participated he finished first.

Historical Results
                            Competition Highlights: Note: A complete explanation of data type and depth can be found in the Additional Information section of the biographyRank Event Year Venue

Olympic Games
                            1 Welterweight 68-80kg 2004 Athens, GRE
                            1 Featherweight 58-68kg 2000 Sydney, AUS

World Championships
                            1 Welterweight 72-78kg 2007 Beijing, CHN
                            1 Welterweight 72-78kg 2005 Madrid, ESP
                            1 Welterweight 72-78kg 2003 Garmisch-Parten***chen, GER
                            1 Lightweight 67-72kg 2001 Cheju, KOR

The below is Hadi Saei's acheivements and awards:

Historical Results
                            Competition Highlights: Note: A complete explanation of data type and depth can be found in the Additional Information section of the biographyRank Event Year Venue

Olympic Games
                            1 Featherweight 58-68kg 2004 Athens, GRE
                            3 Featherweight 58-68kg 2000 Sydney, AUS

World Championships
                            1 Lightweight 67-72kg 2005 Madrid, ESP
                            1 Lightweight 67-72kg 1999 Edmonton, CAN
                            2 Lightweight 67-72kg 2003 Garmisch-Parten***chen, GER
                            3 Lightweight 67-72kg 2007 Beijing, CHN

Asian Championships
                            1 Lightweight 67-72kg 2006 Bangkok, THA

Interesting note: If you carefully look at the weight classes hadi never participated in the 80kg prior to this olympics. Which means he will be slower.

Comment

one of my best friends whom I was classmates with in both the 2nd and the 10th grade now works for the UN and has met him a dozen times after the bam earthquake and he says he is one of the nicest guys.

He is my favorite olympian of all time!! I was in Iran in 04 and watched all of his matches. He truly kicked asss!!! I loved how he didnt just get the points but also DESTROYED the opponent like the martial art movies!
                              ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                              Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                              Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                              forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X