Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egypt embarrased by Sudan(supposed to be Iran on the 20th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egypt embarrased by Sudan(supposed to be Iran on the 20th)

Reigning African champions Egypt went down to a embarrassing 4-0 defeat at the hands of Sudan in Khartoum on Wednesday.

A strong Pharoahs side went behind to an own goal from Mahmoud Fathallah in the first half to give Sudan a deserved lead.

But three errors from reserve goalkeeper Mohamed Abdul-Monsef in the second-half allowed the hosts to inflict the heaviest defeat suffered by Egypt in five years.

It is the first time Egypt have lost to Sudan since 1975.

But one of Egypt's coaching staff, Shawki Gharieb, brushed off the defeat.

"We always lose at that time of the year, because of the late start of the domestic season," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other matches, Bakary Kone and Boubacar Sanogo both scored as Ivory Coast beat Guinea 2-1 at Chantilly in France. Ismael Bangoura got the Guinea goal.

Emmanuel Adebayor scored from the spot, but it was not enough to help Togo beat DR Congo, who won 2-1 in Dreux in France thanks to goals from Cedric Makiadi and Lomana Lualua.

Dieudonne Minoungou scored for Burkina Faso but they were beaten 3-1 by Bahrain in Manama.

Zimbabwe's Edward Sadomba scored on the half-hour to give the Warriors a 1-0 home win over Botswana.

Mozambique beat Swaziland 3-0 with two goals from Dario Monteiro and one from Domingues.

Benin's Razak Omotoyossi scored the Squirrels' consolation as they were beaten 3-1 by Morocco in Rabat, with the Moroccan goals coming from Houssine Kharja, Youssef Safri and Moncef Zerka.

Tunisia and Angola drew 1-1. Amine Chermiti put the north Africans ahead and Angola only equalised deep in stoppage time through Jose Carlos.

Elsewhere, Algeria beat United Arab Emirates 1-0 through Yacine Bezzaz.

And Libya drew 0-0 with Senegal.

that is a shock! 4-0 by the hands of Sudan! WOW

Originally posted by look25 View Post
    Elsewhere, Algeria beat United Arab Emirates 1-0 through Yacine Bezzaz.
    always good to see UAE lost to any team

Comment

watch hadi saei!!
      Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Experimental side and tactics. We played 4-3-3, our regular formation is 3-5-2. We tried out one of the reserve goalkeepers and he was horrendous, accounting for 3 goals. Another was an own goal (splendid header ). Still embarrassing, though this wasn't the same Egypt that you would see in an official match. I highly doubt we would have done this kind of experimenting if this match was against Iran.

Comment

^that keeper shouldnt live

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post
            Experimental side and tactics. We played 4-3-3, our regular formation is 3-5-2. We tried out one of the reserve goalkeepers and he was horrendous, accounting for 3 goals. Another was an own goal (splendid header ). Still embarrassing, though this wasn't the same Egypt that you would see in an official match. I highly doubt we would have done this kind of experimenting if this match was against Iran.

my egyptian friend...will one day be your national team Goal Keeper. He was like 15 he was starting Goal keeper for a Men's league team.

Comment

damn ..... why couldn't it be 5-0
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

seems like egypts reserve keeper was taught well by the great nikopolidis lol
                Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by tashakor View Post
                  my egyptian friend...will one day be your national team Goal Keeper. He was like 15 he was starting Goal keeper for a Men's league team.
                  Where does he play?

What I don't understand is if we're going to try out goalkeepers why not Sherif Ekramy, a good young keeper playing for Feyenoord?

Comment

wow

i guess thats the last time that keeper is being used

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                      seems like egypts reserve keeper was taught well by the great nikopolidis lol
                      lol he can be bad on his worst day, but niko couldn't have played this asininely if he tried to.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post
                        Where does he play?
                        What I don't understand is if we're going to try out goalkeepers why not Sherif Ekramy, a good young keeper playing for Feyenoord?
                        right now he plays for the vancouver whitecaps jr. team....couple months ago he went to egypt to try out for zamalek and Al ahly...but i think he only made there reserve team.(ahly)

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                          wow
                          i guess thats the last time that keeper is being used
                          this-ah goalkeepers have a retardation like my brother bilo

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad Khan View Post
                            ^that keeper shouldnt live
                            Since it was just a friendly we can let him live. He should be punished by something less severe, such as castration.

Comment

Originally posted by tashakor View Post
                              right now he plays for the vancouver whitecaps jr. team....couple months ago he went to egypt to try out for zamalek and Al ahly...but i think he only made there reserve team.(ahly)
                              That's pretty awesome. The guy should send his bio to EgyptianPlayers.com. They're always looking for exclusives on Egyptians abroad.

Comment

Working...
                              X