Hadi Saei the greatest Iranian olympian ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hadi Saei the greatest Iranian olympian ever

He has won medals in 3 straight olympics now. I dont think anyone else has ever done this for Iran before. Can anyone confirm that he is the only Iranian ever to do that?

Also did anyone notice how this was the opposite outcome of the 2000 olympics when hadi won the bronze and lopez won the gold??
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Pahlavan Takhti and Mohammad Nassiri have also all won 3 medals at the Olympics (consecutively).

Takhti won 1 gold and 2 silvers, Nassiri won 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Pahlavan Takhti and Mohammad Nassiri have also all won 3 medals at the Olympics (consecutively).

Takhti won 1 gold and 2 silvers, Nassiri won 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze.
      as an iranian thats a good piece of info to know. but I guess that still makes saei the best ever
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

one of the top 5 for sure

rezazadeh is my personal favorite because he holds the world record for strongest man AND he would've won 3 golds in a row IF he participated

On another note, TAKHTI has won 2 gold and 2 silver world championships and 1 asian championship aside from the olympics

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          one of the top 5 for sure
          rezazadeh is my personal favorite because he holds the world record for strongest man AND he would've won 3 golds in a row IF he participated
          On another note, TAKHTI has won 2 gold and 2 silver world championships and 1 asian championship aside from the olympics
          Yah Takhti was amazing. He had 3 golds and 3 silvers from world championships and the olympics.

Comment

REZAZADEH ??
            Not the greatest. ONE of the greatest no doubt.

Comment

Working...
            X