Team USA vs Argentina: 2004 vs 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team USA vs Argentina: 2004 vs 2008

The Q is To (Ko)be or not to (ko)be. and the answer is the following photos of team USA vs argentina in both olympics (thank god there was no "answer" on the US roster this time around! )
    Last edited by persianbruin; 09-30-2008, 09:12 PM.
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

argentina played so well dispite losing their main man ginoboli so early on!!

the usa had alot of calls go there way , it was bs.

personally i think if ginoboli had played they would have gone on to win.

I hope Spain can beat usa in the final

Comment

Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
      uhhhh hummmmm
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Umm...yeaaa

Comment

he is their main man,

he is a superstar

Comment

he is their main man,
            he is a superstar
            I agree with you.

USA got very lucky that Manu was out.

Comment

if ginoboli was not gone.they could have one

Comment

a lot of those shots others made were shots that ginobili woulda taken if he was in the game. Also its not like team USA won by 7 points. It was a 20 point game. If the game was closer team usa woulda played tougher. It was blow out and a washed up ginobili would not have been able to make a difference

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                  a lot of those shots others made were shots that ginobili woulda taken if he was in the game. Also its not like team USA won by 7 points. It was a 20 point game. If the game was closer team usa woulda played tougher. It was blow out and a washed up ginobili would not have been able to make a difference
                  I disagree.

one of Argentina's key players Nocioni was playing with injury. It was evident and he was struggling to run and hobbling around.

Argentina did really well considering their situation.

Comment

I disagree.
                    one of Argentina's key players Nocioni was playing with injury. It was evident and he was struggling to run and hobbling around.
                    Argentina did really well considering their situation.
                    you can never evaluate the situation like that. Team USA is focused and they play defense. When theya re up by 20 they wont play as hard as when they are up by 8. Nocioni, delfino and ginobili, I ahve seen them all play in the NBA. What you are saying is actually funny!!!! ginobili was very good but his good days are behind him and even when he was good he couldnt have beat a team usa that had kobe and an experienced dwade and LbJ

Comment

you may think your an expert but this is basketball, not boomerang throwing

anyways...very happy for Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                        you can never evaluate the situation like that. Team USA is focused and they play defense. When theya re up by 20 they wont play as hard as when they are up by 8. Nocioni, delfino and ginobili, I ahve seen them all play in the NBA. What you are saying is actually funny!!!! ginobili was very good but his good days are behind him and even when he was good he couldnt have beat a team usa that had kobe and an experienced dwade and LbJ
                        usa is playing well no doubt. But I believe this game was not beyond argentina's reach.

You can't win a game on paper so names don't mean much as argentina was able to beat usa last time and win gold in the final. Things would have been a lot different if ginoboli had played the match, he is their high scorer and inspiration.

Comment

you may think your an expert but this is basketball, not boomerang throwing

anyways...very happy for Team USA
                          maa 'aadamha' daarim harf mizanim,

kassi baa to harf nazad!!

Comment

maa 'aadamha' daarim harf mizanim,

kassi baa to harf nazad!!

maa ham arab darim keh harf mizadan

Comment

US definitely has a better team than last time

BUTTTT they also got lucky ginobili went out...i mean theres no guarantee that they would've won but still....and 20points is in the range of what ginobili normally scores

Comment

Working...
                              X