Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA-Spain basketball game (gold medal) my personal report

Wow what a game it was !!!

The first half, Dwade was on fire. He was all over the court stealing the ball and scoring at will . He was in that amazing form when he put shaq's fat ass on his back and won the heat a championship.

Second half, Kobe finally put his mark on the game. Its very safe to say the americans would have lost this game if it wasn't for Kobe. In the 4th quarter after dwight howard got POSTERIZED on a fabulous dunk by ricky the americans looked dazed and confused. The spaniard cut the lead to 91-89. The following is the cut and paste from ESPN play by play box:

8:16 91-89 Rudy Fernandez made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Ricky Rubio.
    8:13 Official TV Timeout. 91-89

7:58 Kobe Bryant made Two Point Jumper. 93-89 (one of those crazy ass circus shots ONLY he can make!!)

7:44 Foul on LeBron James 93-89
    7:36 93-89 Rudy Fernandez missed Three Point Jumper.
    7:36 LeBron James Defensive Rebound. 93-89
    7:27 Deron Williams made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Kobe Bryant. 96-89
    7:10 Foul on Dwyane Wade 96-89
    7:03 96-89 Rudy Fernandez missed Two Point Layup.
    7:03 LeBron James Defensive Rebound. 96-89
    6:49 Dwight Howard made Two Point Dunk Shot. Assisted by Kobe Bryant. 98-89
    6:28 98-89 Rudy Fernandez missed Three Point Jumper.
    6:28 98-89 Felipe Reyes Offensive Rebound.
    6:22 98-92 Rudy Fernandez made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Felipe Reyes.
    6:02 Kobe Bryant made Three Point Jumper. 101-92

He basically had a hand in all 4 usa baskets.

Then when the spaniards cut it down to 5 points again this is what the play by play from ESPN shows:

3:34 104-99 Pau Gasol made Two Point Jumper.
    3:12 Kobe Bryant made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Dwyane Wade. 107-99
    3:10 107-99 Foul on Rudy Fernandez
    3:10 Kobe Bryant made Free Throw. 108-99

this last one was a 4 point play which made the entire team usa and the stadium go wild!!!!
    The US's biggest problem was lack of inside presence. Dwight howard is nowhere near what a true center should be which kinda explains the TWENTY EIGHT 3 pointers they had to shoot!!!

Both Kobe and Wade amazing which brings up the Q: should shaq even get half the credit he gets for all of those championships?? I mean except his rookie year the guy has ALWAYS had a dominant guard on his team!!
    Last edited by persianbruin; 08-24-2008, 01:52 AM.
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

watched it. the best game so far in olympics basketball I've seen IMO.

you normally don't see this kind of high scoring game in international basketball with both sides going over 100 compared to NBA.

loved watching the 17 year old Spaniard, Ricky Rubio. He will go on to be an amazing figure in world basketball.

and finally USA break the curse and win gold in basketball great showing by them this time around!

Comment

Great showing indeed.
      Dominance at its finest.

Comment

Dream team? Better say "deal team".
        "I've played in Partizan, Aston Villa, Zaragoza, Parma, Espanyol, Celta, Osasuna and Rubin Kazan, but I can't hide my feelings. When I talk to the players who were playing in Osasuna, we all think and feel the same. This club catches you and remains in one's heart the rest of one's life. You can't describe this with words. Words are insuficient."
        Savo Milosevic, 2010 - 05 -13

Comment

fack fack fack!!

So close!! owell well deserved dream team they worked hard and did it.

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
            The US's biggest problem was lack of inside presence. Dwight howard is nowhere near what a true center should be which kinda explains the [B][U]

thats why haddadi fits in nba perfect

Comment

respect to spain

no team in the world could have survived an open battle against this us team. they even could decrease the score to two points.

it was a great tactical performance by the spaniards, and their game plan almost worked out.
              they had speculated on americans being exhausted in the last quarter and not scoring that well anymore.
              but the americans kept on scoring constantly untill the end of the game and thus won deservingly.

congrats to them

Comment

Miami will be a good team this year with Dwayne Wades return and Shaun Marion.

Comment

Dwight howard is nowhere near what a true center should be
                  persianbruin, i understand the fact that there was no inside presence, but what do you mean by Dwight not being a true center? i think this was more the fact that dwight isnt used to the international game, and even in the international game, there are A LOT of 3 balls taken and its more of a perimeter game.

Comment

Both Kobe and Wade amazing which brings up the Q: should shaq even get half the credit he gets for all of those championships?? I mean except his rookie year the guy has ALWAYS had a dominant guard on his team!!
                    The fact still stands:

Shaq did it without Kobe
                    Kobe couldn't do it without Shaq
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
                      persianbruin, i understand the fact that there was no inside presence, but what do you mean by Dwight not being a true center? i think this was more the fact that dwight isnt used to the international game, and even in the international game, there are A LOT of 3 balls taken and its more of a perimeter game.
                      well, the players tried to go to the inside but dwight couldnt get free like the way hakeem, ewing, shaq and david robinson did, so with the clock winding down they were forced to shoot a "contested" three. Howard is good defensively most of the time (except when he got posterized by a white boy) but offensively, he couldnt get it done.

Then again behzad I am from the era that there were a lot of true centers and I remember with shaq gettin old a lot of experts were saying the last true center is about to hang it up. If you ever get full length tapes of players like kareem, ewing,hakeem, shaq and robinson watch them. That is what I am talkin about
                      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                        The fact still stands:
                        Shaq did it without Kobe
                        Kobe couldn't do it without Shaq
                        The fact stands,

shaq did it with kobe and shaq did it with wade. When shaq got a dominant gaurd did Kobe get a dominant center in return??

Also championship is a TEAM concept. When you are comparing who is better shaq or Kobe, then you are comapring individuals. The fact is:

Shaq needed Kobe to win an MVP. Kobe didnt need shaq to win one

Comment

The fact stands,
                          shaq did it with kobe and shaq did it with wade. When shaq got a dominant gaurd did Kobe get a dominant center in return??
                          Also championship is a TEAM concept. When you are comparing who is better shaq or Kobe, then you are comapring individuals. The fact is:
                          Shaq needed Kobe to win an MVP. Kobe didnt need shaq to win one
                          Pau Gasol is not a dominant center???

The MVP award has nothing to do with winning a championship though - I'm more interested in the finals than the MVP award and I'm sure the players all feel the same way.

I wonder what Kobe would say if you asked him whether he'd like to trade in his MVP award in order to have beat Boston...
                          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                            Pau Gasol is not a dominant center???
                            The MVP award has nothing to do with winning a championship though - I'm more interested in the finals than the MVP award and I'm sure the players all feel the same way.
                            I wonder what Kobe would say if you asked him whether he'd like to trade in his MVP award in order to have beat Boston...
                            pau gasol is not even a center!!! He is a power forward!!!! He had such a miserable finals that one sports writer jokingly said the lakers should ask for the money back!! He was soft and everytime that he got pushed around he was byotchin to the refs about it.

Also its all reletive. This boston team was really really good and gelled as the playoffs went on. I am more scared of them this year because they have finally found that killer chemistry. They are the best NBA team since the 2001 lakers.

The year miami won they pretty much won by default!! I mean sombody had to win it right?? and it was them. The fact that dallas made it to the finals should say enough about the NBA that year

Comment

Internationally Dwight didn't dominate.

But in the NBA he is no doubt the best center.

he was the only person that went on a 20 - 20 game in the plays since KG.

Comment

Working...
                              X