Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milad-69 View Post
    Internationally Dwight didn't dominate.
    But in the NBA he is no doubt the best center.
    he was the only person that went on a 20 - 20 game in the plays since KG.
    I am not saying he is not a great player. I am saying he is not a true center
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

hes the best center in the NBA

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
        well, the players tried to go to the inside but dwight couldnt get free like the way hakeem, ewing, shaq and david robinson did, so with the clock winding down they were forced to shoot a "contested" three. Howard is good defensively most of the time (except when he got posterized by a white boy) but offensively, he couldnt get it done.
        Then again behzad I am from the era that there were a lot of true centers and I remember with shaq gettin old a lot of experts were saying the last true center is about to hang it up. If you ever get full length tapes of players like kareem, ewing,hakeem, shaq and robinson watch them. That is what I am talkin about
        if your comparing him to the old greats that you listed, then yes i agree with what you mean

but i dont think that there are going to be anyone else in the NBA anytime soon that are going to be like the centres of old. the style of game has changed and so the players style of game has also changed. so i guess you can say in this day of age, dwight is the best centre of the NBA in ways

Comment

Truth be told , No team can win a championship without a proper center .
          & though i am a Kobe Lover till the end , i think he even found out after 3 seasons without Shaq that its merely impossible to do so without the presence of a big man in the paint.

Comment

& though i am a Kobe Lover till the end , i think he even found out after 3 seasons without Shaq that its merely impossible to do so without the presence of a big man in the paint.
            I sound like a broken record but even with shaq the lakers were done. Didnt you see how they got trashed by the pistons and how the year before that they got bounced out in the second round???

What people fail to acknowledge is that the lakers lost their ENTIRE team when shaq left. Kobe one of the youngest all of a sudden became one of the oldest. That is a tough transition.

Also the year shaq won it. alonzo was getting the minutes half the time so he didnt ahve to be 100% even though he had lost 30 pounds from his laker days
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

its merely impossible to do so without the presence of a big man in the paint.

90s bulls

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                90s bulls
                they were stacked in every other position!!! and as far as defensive responsibilities, the 2 headed monster of bill wennington and luc longely did the job very nicely!!

Comment

they were stacked in every other position!!! and as far as defensive responsibilities, the 2 headed monster of bill wennington and luc longely did the job very nicely!!
                  All those goons did was foul like it was their sole purpose on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryaan21 View Post
                    All those goons did was foul like it was their sole purpose on the court.
                    fouls and rebounds, basically the dirty work!!!

Comment

dwayne wade will win tournament MVP no doubt, it was a thriller of a game and im glad i didnt miss it! spain really fought hard but couldnt capitalize (US had a very poor free-throw %) but i have to hand it to coach k..he was great at rotating the squad

fernandez will hopefully be good at portland and rubio is like the lionel messi of basketball...with the potential to become the most talented PG to play
                      Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Osasunist View Post
                        Dream team? Better say "deal team".
                        I think more like "Redeem Team"

Im pretty pissed off to be honest, the game was on at the same time as the news and the idiots here in Australia decided to go to the news and then showed a short highlights package when the news finished.

I wrote a pretty abusing letter to the braodcaster.

Comment

Great game, thought Spain were unlucky. Rubio was a bit stupid at the end, but looks like a great player in the making. Rudy played a great game....

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                            90s bulls
                            Not everyday , a Michael Jordan just popps onto the field bro

Comment

Not everyday , a Michael Jordan just popps onto the field bro
                              You put Kobe on the same team and they win 6 championships again!! Scottie was the best small forward of all time and dennis rodman is the best rebounder I have EVER seen

Comment

You put Kobe on the same team and they win 6 championships again!! Scottie was the best small forward of all time and dennis rodman is the best rebounder I have EVER seen
                                Let's not go too far now..

Ever heard of Larry Bird, Dr. J ?

Comment

Working...
                                X