Roman Pavlyuchenko joins Tottenham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roman Pavlyuchenko joins Tottenham

Russian striker Roman Pavlyuchenko has announced he will leave Spartak Moscow for the English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur.

"I can confirm I'm joining Tottenham," Pavlyuchenko told the Russian website >isports.ru. "Right now I'm getting my visa and as soon as it is ready I will fly to England to sign a contract."

A Spartak spokesman said that the deal would be concluded by Thursday.

Neither one of the clubs has disclosed the details of the deal, but the 27-year-old is expected to be transferred to White Hart Lane for a sum of $21-26 million, the Russian website added.

"The only thing that stopped me from leaving was my family. But now all doubts are behind me and I decided to sign a contract with Tottenham and the formalities are practically settled," said Pavlyuchenko, who with three goals was Russia's top scorer in Euro 2008.

The deal makes him the most expensive Russian player to be transferred from the Russian Premier League to a foreign club, breaking the 10-year-old record set by Dmitry Alenichev's $10 million move from Spartak to Roma.

The Spurs had also been linked to Pavlyuchenko's teammate Andrei Arshavin for over a month, but did not put forward any official bid for the Zenit St. Petersburg player.

i wish him the best of luck in the premier league..i hope he succeeds because hes a friendly guy who clearly is grateful to play football and isnt a dirty player
    Go Cows!

Comment

Dimitar
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like the dark days of russian football are over.

Comment

this is why they won't finish above the gooners.

Comment

btw roma are going to sign jeremy menez from monaco for 10M tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by soheil86 View Post
              btw roma are going to sign jeremy menez from monaco for 10M tomorrow
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X