Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Citeh on sale again

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=4716
    Manchester City have reportedly been taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment (ADUG).

The move sees the club's former owner Dr Thaksin Shinawatra, former Prime Minister of Thailand, leave Eastlands after agreeing a deal to sell his share in the Premier League outfit.

ADUG will be represented on the new board of Manchester City by Hydra Properties CEO Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim, who has allegedly agreed to release the club from debt.

Al Fahim confirmed on Monday the deal had been struck and told Arabian Business: 'We will release details later, but this is a great event for both the club and Abu Dhabi.

'Our goal is very simple - to make Manchester City the biggest club in the Premier League, and to begin with, to finish in the top four this season.'

The club's future has been uncertain following legal problems faced in Thailand by Shinawatra, who will stay on as honorary president of the club without any administrative responsibilities.

It is understood that negotiations began three weeks ago, and were completed on Sunday night at Emirates Palace Hotel in Dubai.

Al Fahimadded: 'We in Abu Dhabi United Company for Development and Investment are keen to develop ways to provide support and care for various sports activities to help build and develop a new generation of young State, which represents the real wealth and the future of this nation and the cornerstone for building the future of our civilisation.

'As embodied in our mission to open new horizons in all kinds of sports, it will enable them to enjoy healthy body and mind, thanks to the lessons we have learned from the wise leadership in Abu Dhabi.'

He added: 'We will adopt marketing plans that reflect positively on the club and the company from investments in all sectors of television marketing and purchasing of the stars players, as well as development of infrastructure facilities at the club.'

Manchester City said that there are discussions ongoing with the Group with regards to investing in the football club, but declined to confirm whether a deal had been done.

A statement on their website read: 'A further statement will be released by the Club when it is appropriate to do so.'
    Bye Bye Frank Sinatra - hope he is arrested and rots in jail back in Thailand

The problem now is that Citeh are being owned by the RULING FAMILY OF UAE FOR CRYING OUR LOUD !!!!
    sigpic

haha. welcome Ismael MAttar to the premier league

Comment

LOL, their new owners just bid 30 million on berbatov, and tottenham accepted

hahahahahhahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi View Post
        LOL, their new owners just bid 30 million on berbatov, and tottenham accepted

hahahahahhahahaha
        sigpic

Comment

I hate saying teams bought by these multi-billionaires.
          In my opinion it is ruining football.
          I would like some regulation to be put into place to prevent this.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranian soccer fan View Post
            I hate saying teams bought by these multi-billionaires.
            In my opinion it is ruining football.
            I would like some regulation to be put into place to prevent this.
            FIFA and the Premier League wont do anything, as rich owners mean more money to not just the clubs but to agents, to players, to FIFA etc

Its all about the money now.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
              Its all about the money now.
              wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                wrong.
                Explain.
                sigpic

Comment