Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You want to know why PELE was the greatest???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i waited for a reply and didn't get one, because "The game has changed but the basics of football have not changed!" makes no sense at all.

the game = football

once one aspect of the game is changed it effects the basics of football. The most important part of football are the players. The level of play of footballers has changed dramatically over the past 50 years. It is rediculous to live in a fantasy world where one believes that football has stayed the same. Every sport in the world has seen an improvement in the level of play of participants, including football. Football is not the exception of sports that has been frozen in time and stayed the same.

Thus it can be concluded that the field of competition that Zidane played against was significantly stronger than the competition that Pele faced. This is evident in the video presented in this very thread. Considering Zidane was the most dominant player of his era (and because there is video footage to back up this claim), it is quite easy to conclude that he is a better player than Pele.
    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

I am not replying because I dont believe in what you say and me having seen the games of the 80's and 90's and 00's LIVE just simply dont agree with what you say! you act like we have not seen the games today. To me its not even a discussion between maradona and zidane. Its like comparing majic johnson to jason kidd. now if you wanna compare pele to maradona thats something logical, its like comparing shaq and wilt
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin
        I am not replying because I dont believe in what you say and me having seen the games of the 80's and 90's and 00's LIVE just simply dont agree with what you say! you act like we have not seen the games today. To me its not even a discussion between maradona and zidane. Its like comparing majic johnson to jason kidd. now if you wanna compare pele to maradona thats something logical, its like comparing shaq and wilt
        thank you very much you speak for all of us....

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin
          you didn't reply because what you said makes no sense whatsoever and I proved it using clear logic.

Moreover, it makes no difference if you watch the games LIVE or not. The great thing about technology is that it saves the game in time and anyone can watch them whenever they want. With the creation of highspeed internet information has also become accessible to anyone. So even a person in timbucktoo can watch the games of the past.

However, since you believe the level of play in football has stayed the same throughout the decades, lets put it to the test. Do you think the 1930 Uruguay team is as talented as the 2002 Brazil team? If I was a betting man I would put money on Brazil 02 over Uruguay 30 any day of the week and by a large margin. The 1930's had their fair share of superstars too, but would anyone say they are better than todays Ronaldo or Ronaldinho, I doubt it. The talent level of footballers has increased substantially since the early days of football.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
            Zidane>Maradona>Pele
            Karimi > Maradona > Pele > Ronaldo > Ronaldinho> Zidane

Comment

booooooooogh!! WRONG!

Your logic is good only for .......

I am a mathematical statistician. I deal with people looking at the DATA the wrong way EVERYDAY. Thats why STATISTICIANS(not to be mistaken by stat keepers like the guys in sports who say how many rebound this guy had or etc..) make good money because they are trained mathemitically to look at the correct part of the data.

As far as you liking and enjoying something, there are two elements regarding it. One is the the pure beauty of that thing in this case lets call it goal. The other is the rush of what that thing or goal acheived. the second case cannot be helped by technology or tapes from decades ago. Its only achieved live. You ahve to go through it if you kno what I mean. for example Brazil beat italy 4-1 in 1970 to win the WC. I can see the tapes and I know what achievmnent it was winning it for the 3rd time but do I "FEEL" it? NO! You are from the zidane's era you have both factors for him but not the second factor for maradona or pele. I also didnt reply because in my age I have realized you cant make everyone agree with you!
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

OH BY THE WAY!!

You call yourself logical. Comparing someone from the 80/90's(maradona) to someone from the 90/00's(zidane) is the same as comparing the 1930 urugay team to the 2002 brazil?? If that is your logic then, god help you cuz I can't!

Comment

persianbruin jan, he doesnt seem to understand....I told my grandpa who has watched and observed decades of football and he just laughed as if I were joking, but he's probably going to keep saying the same thing over and over again and NOT understand, some people man.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
                    persianbruin jan, he doesnt seem to understand....I told my grandpa who has watched and observed decades of football and he just laughed as if I were joking, but he's probably going to keep saying the same thing over and over again and NOT understand, some people man.
                    The thing is some comparisons make sense even if people have different views. Comarisons such as pele-maradona or shaq-wilt or in american football joe montana-john elway but if you start comparing jason kidd to magic or jerry rice with randy moss then I know you are losing it!

Comment

first of all, I wasn't the one to make a thread and say Pele was the best of all time. Second you also compared players in this thread, so saying every single person who answer in this is illogical includes yourself. Moreover, logical people don't insult themself like you just did.

Furthermore, Zidane and Maradona both played in the same era, which shows your football knowledge.

Lastly, I never discussed enjoying or liking anything. I have maintained my position that Zidane is better (more talented) than Pele. I have only been discussing the level of talent of the players since the beginning of the thread. If you can't get past your emotional attachment for some players that is your own problem. Accept it or not football has changed and todays players are superior to yesterdays. If you do not realize this after watching football for 30 years than there is no helping you whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
                        first of all, I wasn't the one to make a thread and say Pele was the best of all time. Second you also compared players in this thread, so saying every single person who answer in this is illogical includes yourself. Moreover, logical people don't insult themself like you just did.

Furthermore, Zidane and Maradona both played in the same era, which shows your football knowledge.

Lastly, I never discussed enjoying or liking anything. I have maintained my position that Zidane is better (more talented) than Pele. I have only been discussing the level of talent of the players since the beginning of the thread. If you can't get past your emotional attachment for some players that is your own problem. Accept it or not football has changed and todays players are superior to yesterdays. If you do not realize this after watching football for 30 years than there is no helping you whatsoever.
                        Agha jaan beekheeyal!! Our argument wont get anywhere, because there shouldnt even be an argument

Comment

CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Pele was the greatest because :

In his 20 year long Career he scored 1,280 goals
                            He has 92 caps, 77 goals for Brazil
                            He Played in 3 World Cup winning squads
                            He won 2 World Club Cups with Santos
                            He was Declared a National Treasure by Brazil govt.
                            Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                            X