Man City new Arab owners target C.Ronaldo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man City new Arab owners target C.Ronaldo

Manchester City's prospective new owners are planning a whopping 240-million-dollar bid for crosstown rival's ace, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Sulaiman Al Fahim, who has fronted the takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG), believes that City must pursue players of the caliber of Ronaldo if the Premiership club aims to emerge as a formidable force in European soccer.

The ADUG, which enjoys the support of the royal family of the United Arab Emirates, confirmed on Monday that it had begun the take over process at City.

Al Fahim, who will travel to the UK this week to hold talks with Premier League officials before concluding the US$460 million takeover, said the club seeks to bring in a 'minimum' of 18 players.

"Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," he said.

"Real Madrid was estimating his value at $160 million but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more; I would think $240 million," the Middle Eastern businessman continued.

In a shock to the soccer world, the Citizens captured Real Madrid's Brazilian winger Robinho on September 1 in a record transfer fee for Britain - 58.5 million dollars.

Robinho had long been targeted by Chelsea and its billionaire owner Roman Abramovich. In light of poor relations between the two clubs, Madrid had rejected Chelsea's initial $46.8 million.

wow 240 million? imagine what united could do with that money. insane.

lol thats kinda sad though. what happens if in his first games someone makes a bad tackle and he goes out for the season with an injury

240 down the drain

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
      wow 240 million? imagine what united could do with that money. insane.

lol thats kinda sad though. what happens if in his first games someone makes a bad tackle and he goes out for the season with an injury

240 down the drain
      lol who cares these guys have like $1.3 trillion in assets. I hate how Arabs play football and stuff....but wow I gotta give respect to these guys....they are not scared to spend at all...I bet if they could buy C. Ronaldo right now they would prolly pay $300 million for him. They are not cheap.

Comment

goh khordan

Comment

ronaldo should go.
          imagine ronaldo and robinho in the same team!

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

wow here comes the arab money to spoil soccer players
            add man city to the list of teams like chelsea, real madrid and bayern munich

Comment

WOW

good for them...u can't blame them for being wealthy...if they were Iranians we would all be going crazy right now

Comment

Originally posted by tashakor View Post
                "Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," he said.

ay mordam az khande
                you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                sigpic

Comment

WOW

good for them...u can't blame them for being wealthy...if they were Iranians we would all be going crazy right now

no actually i think we would b*tch and complain how they're not good people and they're sellouts,etc.....u know the same thing our people do to everyone successful

Comment

wow MAN City soon to be the new MAN United!

Comment

these rich billionaire dudes buying out clubs and players is destroying football in my opinion. it becomes more about making money and selling jerseys than about the beauty of the game. truly sad.
                      VISCA EL BARCA

Comment

Originally posted by Arzhang View Post
                        these rich billionaire dudes buying out clubs and players is destroying football in my opinion. it becomes more about making money and selling jerseys than about the beauty of the game. truly sad.
                        Its not necessarily about the money...if they knew they would make money by paying a club $240 million then Abrahmiovic would have been willing to pay much more than the original $140 million...these guys just want reputation...and they are willing to spend and take risks to see that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by tashakor View Post
                          Its not necessarily about the money...if they knew they would make money by paying a club $240 million then Abrahmiovic would have been willing to pay much more than the original $140 million...these guys just want reputation...and they are willing to spend and take risks to see that happen.
                          true, these abu dhabi guys are still finanacially smart with their money.. i doubt they will be profitting much from what their doing, in fact even lose some money.. the guys bought the club for cheap (a reasonable cost) and now all they wanted to do is bring a high profiled player to the club (i mean they did sell berbatov, so it was somewhat fair for them to bring robinho) they can't bring the world to man city, just ronaldo and maybe overtime bring a few other players.. they aren't going to pull some abrahimiovic/chelsea crap where they buy everyone (i think infact all the billionaires have learned from his mistake) these guys are rich.. but yet financially smart at the same time

Comment

with the amount of money spent by these Arabs, you wonder what the poor struggling people back in the middle east could do with it.
                            The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                            For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                            http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                            http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7 View Post
                              with the amount of money spent by these Arabs, you wonder what the poor struggling people back in the middle east could do with it.
                              UAE arabs aren't poor and they certainly dont give a flying f for other arab nations -.-

Comment

Working...
                              X