West Ham United names Zola as coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Ham United names Zola as coach

Premier League club West Ham United has named former Italian international player Gianfranco Zola as a coach with a three-year contract.

"I will do everything I can, with all my power, to make it work. This is a very important part of my life and what is important is this club which has put their faith in me and I will try to make it work for them," said Zola on Thursday.

Zola was working as assistant coach to the Under-21 Italy side before deciding to accept West Ham's offer.

The Italian with seven successful years playing at Chelsea admitted his lack of managerial experience but said he would make up for it with his vast football background.

"I know I'm not the most experienced manager but I've been in football for 20 years and know what I'm talking about," he said.

Zola becomes the 12th manager - and first foreign boss - in West Ham's history after replacing Alan Curbishley, who resigned last week.

He is expected to get his first challenge against Newcastle United in 10 days' time with Kevin Keen taking charge of the first team for Saturday's league match at West Bromwich Albion.

not much for west-ham to lose here, hope it works out well for them
    Go Cows!

Comment

I cnt believe it. i honestly though donadoni or di canio would get the job, but good on him. i cnt wait till they vs chelsea

Man Utd =
      Current EPL Champions
      Current European Champions
      Current World Champions

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!!

Comment

bad move.

he plays a slow ground oriented game which is 100% different from English style.

Comment

Originally posted by gobrowns1 View Post
          bad move.

he plays a slow ground oriented game which is 100% different from English style.
          did you watch alot of u21 italian team (last team he coached)? from what i saw of them in the toulouse tournament, they seemed quite adept in playing an up tempo game.
          The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Working...
          X