Iran quits 2008 wheelchair basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran quits 2008 wheelchair basketball

The Iranian wheelchair basketball team has withdrawn from their quarterfinal match against the United States at the 2008 Beijing Paralympics.

Iran decided to walk out when the match, which was originally scheduled at 11:15 am, was rescheduled to 9:00 am on Saturday.

The organizers subsequently announced that the Iranian side had therefore lost the match by 'forfeit', and the USA progressed to the semifinals.

Earlier, Iran defeated South Africa, Japan and Sweden in its first three encounters to reach the quarterfinals, but then lost to Germany and Canada in the last two games.

Twelve basketball teams have participated in the 2008 Beijing Paralympic Games.

Wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!

Comment

Why was it rescheduled and what was the REAL reason they walked out? I really feel like killing Aniabadi and the PE administration when they take these oppurtunties from our athletes whove really given their all to take part in this tourney.

Comment

imagine what the US players would think of Iran. Khak to sare k*****

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Iranian Sports Managers are idiots!

Comment

I feel so sorry for our boys. They had such a greate tournement so far. They have to face now Israel for the 5th place game and we all will happen....

Comment

Originally posted by Homa View Post
              I feel so sorry for our boys. They had such a greate tournement so far. They have to face now Israel for the 5th place game and we all will happen....
              So He (YOFF) believes it's safe to say They will finish 6th.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

we will finish 8th or maybe disqualify !

bazam bekhatere israel !!! be Aliabadi lanat !!

Comment

He (YOFF) heard that Iran ahs denied this move was for political reasons.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

iam going to hide my anger so....

ps. my anger may burst out at any minute.
                    Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

He (YOFF) just had a lot of watermelon so His poop may burst out at any minute.

Comment

^you act retarded

Comment

Originally posted by JMU View Post
                          ^you act retarded
                          At least He (YOFF) is just acting. What's your excuse?

Comment

Oh my excuse for acting normal....uh um because ITS NORMAL u tard.

EDIT: sorry for the hi-jacking. back to the main topic

Comment

SO will they be playing against brazil....or not? im really hoping they dont get another game cancelled

Comment

Working...
                              X