Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN pays 1Billion for India's criket league.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN pays 1Billion for India's criket league.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/7610128.stm
    damn.......................... I knew Cricket was huge in India, but 1billion, that must be the biggest Criket league in the world, they will bring good players from England . australia to play, i wonder if Pakistani criket stars will come play in that indian League????????????????????????

Of course they will. Pakistani players have taken part in both Twenty20 leagues in India; the Indian Premier League (IPL) and the Indian Cricket League (ICL)

Hell they are involving a team from Pakistani city of Sialkot for crying out loud !!

India has gone bananas over cricket - which they always have been but now rich Indian tycoons and Bollywood celebrities now own the team franchises as well.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
      Of course they will. Pakistani players have taken part in both Twenty20 leagues in India; the Indian Premier League (IPL) and the Indian Cricket League (ICL)

Hell they are involving a team from Pakistani city of Sialkot for crying out loud !!

India has gone bananas over cricket - which they always have been but now rich Indian tycoons and Bollywood celebrities now own the team franchises as well.
      lol. man pretty soon every sports team in the world will be owned by some rich dude.

Comment

Terrible news. Its because of this sport football never will be big in India.

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post

Nice, it will be a good rivaltry, and well done by those rich indians, instead of buying European football teams they invest in their own place.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
            lol. man pretty soon every sports team in the world will be owned by some rich dude.
            Its already and was always the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamim View Post
              Its already and was always the case.
              by rich i meant crazy rich. like chelsea and citys owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                I wouldnt say that right now

Credit to the AIFF that they now have gotten some major sponsorship and corporate deals with massive Indian companies, as well as even more FIFA/AFC development funds for making football even better. The I.League is now fully professional in India and the league now even has a place in the AFC Champions League because of these recent strides, initially they were confined to AFC Cup and India has its regions where football is massively popular (even more than cricket).

Calcutta/Kolkata in the east with Mohun Bagan and East Bengal enjoying the oldest rivalry in Asian football and having fan-base equal to PP and SS in Iran, as well as Goa in the south with its Portuguese influence and football fanaticism.

Football in India is on the rise.
                sigpic

Comment

Actually, i think its a excellent news, lets hope football never gets big in India, that way it will be easier for us to do the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamim View Post
                    Actually, i think its a excellent news, lets hope football never gets big in India, that way it will be easier for us to do the world cup.
                    even if it gets popular in India, they're not gonna accomplish ANYTHING

china has great training, spends so much money on it...but they can't compare to Iranians when it comes to natural talent and physical capability

Indians should stick to what they do best....Microsoft customer support

Comment

Indians should stick to what they do best....Microsoft customer support
                      LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

that was gold!!!

as for the cricket. I luv it and cant wait till it starts again. Hopefully they will show it on High Definition again.

the passion the Indians have for cricket rivals a lot of countries passion for football and i hope it remains that way.

The world of football can afford to have one country not having it as its no1 sport.

Comment

Cricket is like god here in India.
                        Football??? never , never ever can compete Cricket in India.
                        When there's a Cricket match you cannot find a single Indian on the road.
                        They worship Cricket and their players.
                        And believe me 1 billion is nothing , ESPN knows what's it doing and i'm sure they can make double of it.
                        sigpic
                        WE NEVER FORGET

Comment

Working...
                        X