PFDC Fantasy Basketball League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFDC Fantasy Basketball League

I've already made the Yahoo league. If you're interested in playing this year, let me know and I can send you the registration info. We'll be capping it at 12 teams this year depending on interest and the quality of those wanting to play.

Things to keep in mind:

1. People who have played in the past are preferred, but not required. This will be my 5th season, and from experience I can tell you that while some people pick it up quickly right away in their 1st year, others take a year or two to get the hang of it fully. Some never get it period; those are the ones generally not as interested in the NBA.

2. You MUST have not only a strong general knowledge of the NBA, but also of many backup players. You can't win in fantasy basketball if you only know the All-Stars. So either have the knowledge, or prepare to have the necessary knowledge.

3. Once you're in, you're in all the way til the end. One person quitting early or forgetting to set their lineups etc. can ruin the league for all the others involved. Don't join unless you have the interest, time, and committment for an entire season.

4. We will have a PFDC monetary incentive. I propose 3,000 gold league entrance fee per person. 1st place gets 20,000 gold, 2nd place gets 13,000 gold, and 3rd place gets 3,000 gold at the end of the season. We can do more or less depending on what others suggest.

5. Once the teams are set, we'll have a live online draft in late October a few days before the season starts.

im in

iverson and hadadi are MINEEEEEEEEE

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
      I've already made the Yahoo league. If you're interested in playing this year, let me know and I can send you the registration info. We'll be capping it at 12 teams this year depending on interest and the quality of those wanting to play.
      Things to keep in mind:
      1. People who have played in the past are preferred, but not required. This will be my 5th season, and from experience I can tell you that while some people pick it up quickly right away in their 1st year, others take a year or two to get the hang of it fully. Some never get it period; those are the ones generally not as interested in the NBA.
      2. You MUST have not only a strong general knowledge of the NBA, but also of many backup players. You can't win in fantasy basketball if you only know the All-Stars. So either have the knowledge, or prepare to have the necessary knowledge.
      3. Once you're in, you're in all the way til the end. One person quitting early or forgetting to set their lineups etc. can ruin the league for all the others involved. Don't join unless you have the interest, time, and committment for an entire season.
      4. We will have a PFDC monetary incentive. I propose 3,000 gold league entrance fee per person. 1st place gets 20,000 gold, 2nd place gets 13,000 gold, and 3rd place gets 3,000 gold at the end of the season. We can do more or less depending on what others suggest.
      5. Once the teams are set, we'll have a live online draft in late October a few days before the season starts.
      I played 3 years in a row and all 3 years I won the league. But the last time was 4 years ago. count me in for this though!
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
        im in
        iverson and hadadi are MINEEEEEEEEE
        YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
        midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
        Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Draft time set for Sunday October 26th at 4pm as of now. Can be changed later to accomodate others.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
            Draft time set for Sunday October 26th at 4pm as of now. Can be changed later to accomodate others.
            first come first serve. Time is perfect!

Comment

Im in!

Draft time is 4:00 PM Pacific (for clarity)

That should be a good time for everyone, but let Babak know if it isnt and maybe he can move it a few hours forward or back

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                Im in!
                Draft time is 4:00 PM Pacific (for clarity)
                That should be a good time for everyone, but let Babak know if it isnt and maybe he can move it a few hours forward or back
                Sounds good. I'm pm'ing you the league info right now.

Comment

I'm in as well.

Comment

damn beat me to it

ive done it for the past 4 years have won all my leagues

im in

babak empty out your PM

Comment

im in for this...hands off kevin martin hes mine!
                      Go Cows!

Comment

im in

easy win

Comment

now i will show everyone who the real basketball expert is here on PFDC lol (please dont quote me on this for the future)

whos gonna be the first to draft haddadi? lol
                          Go Cows!

Comment

I pm'd all you guys the league info. Try to register ASAP so we can have an accurate head count of how many other people we need to let in.

Comment

my team:

kobe
                              chris paul
                              haddadi
                              Lebron
                              Garnett

Comment

Working...
                              X